Fashion Caps that are better or equally as good as the primaries

GriffinM6

Blue Jays and A's I love. The Jays one looks like a real hat, and would look awesome if they were to ever add a powder blue jersey. That A's hat is amazing. I've wanted to see the A's add a cap like that for maybe a home alternate for a long time.

The Padres is also nice, but doesn't catch my eye as much as some of the others. I like the idea of using Chargers colors though.

I love when MLB fashion caps use colors from another franchise in the city or state. Fashion caps are meant to be fun anyways.

some of the earliest fashion caps that I can remember were from the early 90's...the black dodgers cap with white LA that nwa made famous...I'm not sure if that hat was even officially licensed at that time...todd marinovich wore a black usc baseball cap with the raiders in the days before nfl sideline caps were licensed...while not fashion caps I vaguely remember steelers players wearing pirates caps on the sidelines as well.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just found a better Padres one.

Padres

NOw that's great.

+1, exactly what I was going to say

Nah. Without the "SD" it just looks too minor league (like their AAA team's current cap actually). As for the A's one above it's nice, but I don't think it's better than their current hope cap which is probably the best in MLB.

Padres

NOw that's great.

Nah. Without the "SD" it just looks too minor league (like their AAA team's current cap actually). As for the A's one above it's nice, but I don't think it's better than their current hope cap which is probably the best in MLB.

Just saying, I think you're the only person that I've heard from that likes the current New York Yankees Padres identity.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

I want all of these hats, for myself and for the actual teams on-field:

Angels

I've said several times that this is what the Angels should wear. It's perfect.

Product-13596.jpg

That is gorgeous. The gold halo is a nice touch.

I know it's not a fashion cap, but I've always liked the halo'd cap the Angels threw back to:

http://www.lids.com/MLB/Los-Angeles-Angels-of-Anaheim/20261848

Perfect.

spacer.png

Padres

NOw that's great.

Just saying, I think you're the only person that I've heard from that likes the current New York Yankees Padres identity.

On these boards maybe... but then these boards don't represent the majority opinion on much design wise, not just relating to the Padres ;)

That said that particular Padres cap would be bad in blue too. The Padres without "SD" on the cap just look wrong. Any Padres cap with the friar on it looks far too minor league like this one...

59-50-New-Era-Fitted-hat_246.jpg

Padres

NOw that's great.

On these boards maybe... but then these boards don't represent the majority opinion on much design wise, not just relating to the Padres ;)

That said that particular Padres cap would be bad in blue too. The Padres without "SD" on the cap just look wrong. Any Padres cap with the friar on it looks far too minor league like this one...

make that the blue they use now and its a perfect alternate cap (not primary). the friar is very cool and belongs on cap like the elephant for the A"s does. (bring it back oakland)

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

I did see a Buccaneer wear a Pewter & Red Rays hat in an interview, I thought it was cool. I think more NFLers and NBAers should wear similar hats with the city initial(s).

Red Sox hats in Celtics colors:

http://www.hatclub.com/sports/2Tone-Red-Sox-Clover-Black-Kelly-Green-White-9579

http://www.hatclub.com/sports/5950-Red-Sox-Kelly-Green-White-18140

spacer.png

Padres

NOw that's great.

make that the blue they use now and its a perfect alternate cap (not primary). the friar is very cool and belongs on cap like the elephant for the A"s does. (bring it back oakland)

Wouldn't they have had to have the elephant on a cap to bring it back? Which they never have outside of BP...

Also this is in the current Padres blue. The flash seems to have washed out the color some.

Padres

NOw that's great.

Wouldn't they have had to have the elephant on a cap to bring it back? Which they never have outside of BP...

no. the logo was also a shoulder patch. but it should be brought back (watched moneyball a few days ago)

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Padres

NOw that's great.

no. the logo was also a shoulder patch. but it should be brought back (watched moneyball a few days ago)

It's still there.

Padres

NOw that's great.

It was a BP-only cap, dude. Until 06.

4187.gif

e8ys.jpg

sp_athletics_spring.jpg

spacer.png

No not that one. This One!

Yeah they haven't used that one in years anywhere (though it was never used on a cap, only a shoulder patch). I think they dropped it in 95 if I'm not mistaken to return to the classic elephant across the board (though that has also never been used on a cap. The only elephant they've ever used on the cap is the one you link to, and it was only for their Spring/BP cap, not a true field cap.

Yeah they haven't used that one in years anywhere (though it was never used on a cap, only a shoulder patch). I think they dropped it in 95 if I'm not mistaken to return to the classic elephant across the board (though that has also never been used on a cap. The only elephant they've ever used on the cap is the one you link to, and it was only for their Spring/BP cap, not a true field cap.

True. An elephant on an official A's cap has only been that time for the BP caps.

As for the elephant he's referring to, he's talking about this cap. I bought this some time back. It's nice

250135_569922249428_34701836_32065859_7617786_n.jpg

Go A's!

True. An elephant on an official A's cap has only been that time for the BP caps.

As for the elephant he's referring to, he's talking about this cap. I bought this some time back. It's nice

250135_569922249428_34701836_32065859_7617786_n.jpg

Yep. I have that cap as well(want it on the field). they should wear this cap as there BP or alternate.

Archived