Fashion Caps that are better or equally as good as the primaries

GriffinM6

I found some pretty nice Cubs ones:

chicago_cubs_59fifty_mlb_cooperstown_fashion_road_crawl_hat_by_new_era.jpg

chicago_cubs_59fifty_mlb_cooperstown_fashion_pinstripe_hat_by_new_era.jpg

Those are nice, but if anyone should try a pinstripe cap, it's the Yankees.

new_era_retro_cooperstown_pinstripe_yankee_fitted.jpg

OR

img55598858.jpg

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brewers:

umich-navy-full.jpg

So much classier than the "HEY, WE'RE SPONSORED BY MILLER!!!" caps they wear now.

That's because it is a Michigan hat, not a Brewers hat. Hell, even the filename of the photo you posted is "umich-navy-full.jpg".

It was also posted to someone's blogspot, which is about as reliable as wikipedia. I was born in Michigan, raised in Wisconsin and still visit Michigan on a regular basis and not once have I ever seen a piece of Michigan merch that used metallic gold. Add to it that the fact that New Era is known for mixing and matching MLB teams' logos and colors from different eras, and it's pretty easy to conclude that this is a Brewers hat that got mislabeled.

Found these:

20-19168-MediumImage.jpg

I like the current colors, but this looks cool too.

I came to this thread to post this, but you beat me to it. I've seen stuff like this in the concepts folder before, but I never would've expected it to look so nice in real life.

It's funny that those Yankees caps use two different versions of the various interlocking NY logos they have. They just need to pick one already.

yankeelogos.png

And thanks for the input on the eBay caps, everyone!

I think that the Yankees should standardize their NY logos with either the cap or the jersey logo. I've never liked the print (helmet/merchandise) logo, and it would be way too thin for a jersey. The cap logo, however, could work on a jersey, and the jersey logo could work on a cap.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

It was also posted to someone's blogspot, which is about as reliable as wikipedia. I was born in Michigan, raised in Wisconsin and still visit Michigan on a regular basis and not once have I ever seen a piece of Michigan merch that used metallic gold. Add to it that the fact that New Era is known for mixing and matching MLB teams' logos and colors from different eras, and it's pretty easy to conclude that this is a Brewers hat that got mislabeled.

I have that hat. In fact, I have it in my hand now. It's the same hat. It has a Michigan "M" on the back, too. There's another 59Fifty Michigan hat with a maize visor that is considerably brighter (almost like the Adidas maize), that has "MICHIGAN" on the back.

The hat you posted is the Bo hat. It's the Michigan M, and a Michigan hat.

spikes.jpg

It's funny that those Yankees caps use two different versions of the various interlocking NY logos they have. They just need to pick one already.

yankeelogos.png

I think that the Yankees should standardize their NY logos with either the cap or the jersey logo. I've never liked the print (helmet/merchandise) logo, and it would be way too thin for a jersey. The cap logo, however, could work on a jersey, and the jersey logo could work on a cap.

While I agree that the print logo should be phased out, I disagree with standardizing the NY across all items. The cap logo should remain on the cap and the jersey logo should remain on the jersey. It's one of those endearing quirks that I love. Not to mention, the jersey NY doesn't really work on the cap and the cap NY doesn't really work on the jersey.

spacer.png

yankeelogos.png

While I agree that the print logo should be phased out, I disagree with standardizing the NY across all items. The cap logo should remain on the cap and the jersey logo should remain on the jersey. It's one of those endearing quirks that I love. Not to mention, the jersey NY doesn't really work on the cap and the cap NY doesn't really work on the jersey.

I reckon the print logo is the only one that should stay, it looks by far the best, it looks designed, not just put together.

I have that hat. In fact, I have it in my hand now. It's the same hat. It has a Michigan "M" on the back, too. There's another 59Fifty Michigan hat with a maize visor that is considerably brighter (almost like the Adidas maize), that has "MICHIGAN" on the back.

The hat you posted is the Bo hat. It's the Michigan M, and a Michigan hat.

The "Bo hat"... as in Schembechler? In that case, you should understand why I was skeptical of it being a Michigan hat since the M on Bo's hat was never anything but Michigan maize.

Still, for the purposes of this thread, the hat could still pass for Brewers fashion gear.

Archived