Super Match Ups

raysox

Ok...so is this really about the match ups, like colors, or about the usual "this set sucks" nonsense? I like the original thread idea, but as usual it is becoming the old "I hate this uniform so that match up sucked."

That said, Vikings-Chiefs, Patriots-Packers, and Cardinals-Steelers are great match ups color-wise.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok...so is this really about the match ups, like colors, or about the usual "this set sucks" nonsense? I like the original thread idea, but as usual it is becoming the old "I hate this uniform so that match up sucked."

How do I explain this...? Ok, how about this? For every person here, there are probably an equal number of opinions on what constitutes a good uniform match up. Therefore, it just seems logical that we're probably going to see a bunch of different opinions.

BB52Big.jpg

How do I explain this...? Ok, how about this? For every person here, there are probably an equal number of opinions on what constitutes a good uniform match up. Therefore, it just seems logical that we're probably going to see a bunch of different opinions.

That makes perfect sense and I agree. But my point is more that people seem not to be able to differentiate between discussing good "uniform match ups" and "good uniforms." Who knows, maybe I'm the only one who feels that..."not so great" uniforms can still be used in good match ups.

sb-atlanta.jpg

Why so much love for the Super Bowl 34 match-up between the Rams and Titans?

Three (or maybe even four) shades of blue at once. Classic unis vs. Modern. It really gets no worse (visually) than that.

6uXNWAo.png

Three (or maybe even four) shades of blue at once. Classic unis vs. Modern. It really gets no worse (visually) than that.

Yea but the Rams aren't exactly stripes on stripes on stripes. And the Titans aren't exactly PIPING FOR THE WINzz SLASHWOOBOOM

They're both kind of... a mix.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

In my case, it's because I think that look is easily the best the Titans have ever had. While I'm not crazy about the Rams old home look, I've always really liked the road look of that set. So, I thought it was a pretty good looking game.

BB52Big.jpg

Even those of you who liked the Rams-Titans matchup must admit this would've looked so much nicer....

rams_oilers_87.png

As much as I like those Oilers uniforms, I still think the look the Titans wore against the Rams is better. In my opinion, you can't go wrong with either set.

BB52Big.jpg

I wanted to do this earlier but I got sidetracked. The best & worst looking Super Bowls by decade.

Best:

60's: Super Bowl II

This one was a tough call. The first four Super Bowls all looked great. The Raiders give SB II the nod.

sb2_linemen.jpg

70's: Tie: Super Bowl VIII and Super Bowl IX

Larry-Csonka.jpg3.steelers.vikings.jpg

80's: Super Bowl XIX

64d23dffcba78d30acd11589a7e0ba63.jpg

90's: Super Bowl XXXIV

Best choice in what turned out to be a pretty average decade of Super Bowl uniform match-ups.

williams_017024955.jpg

00's: Super Bowl XLI

Best looking Super Bowl ever in my book.

image2430589.jpg

10's: Super Bowl XLV

Not a whole lot to work with, but of the two so far, this one is easily the best.

game31-frakes.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

Some of mine:

Classy get-up all around:

nfl-raiders-super_bowl_ii_lamonica-daryle-3-black-1968-stockpic2.jpg

Good Classic vs. Modern:

e1e54ccb05e2a85534f181c5ea506df4.jpg

I like SB XVI better than XXIII (49ers in white, Bengals in black):

l.jpg

A good contrast of colors all-around (despite the 49ers white pants):

b5aa3eb743a024c4cfb0678d1afc2d8e.jpg

I also liked the Pirate Bowl; too bad the game itself wasn't as good a matchup as the teams' uniforms:

Ronde-Barber-Super-Bowl-XXXVII_photo_medium.jpg

Seconding the Patriots/Panthers:

92016982-01-2.jpg

Colts/Saints was good, too; glad the Saints didn't go with black pants here:

super-bowl-xliv-saints-vs-colts-dvd-11227.jpg

Also a fan of Packers-Chiefs and Vikings-Chiefs.

My underrated pick would be Ravens-Giants; I like the color matchup and the all-white Ravens look:

ravens.jpg

I'm surprised XII hasn't been mentioned yet:

weese.iooss.jpg

Decent amount of blue to go around, true, but the orange and silver I think compliment each other really well.

Also, Denver's socks are awesome.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Paul Lukas...is that you? :P

After looking through this thread, I think I favor Chiefs/Packers, Chiefs/Vikings, Cowboys/Broncos, the Pirate Bowl, Seahawks/Steelers, Steelers/Cardinals, Saints/Colts, and last year's matchups the most. None necessarily because of the individual teams' uniforms themselves, but rather the color matchup on the field...all but two pf those had great contrast. Of the two that didn't (Raiders/Buccaneers and Steelers/Packers), they were color matchups you really don't see in a championship round too often.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived