NHL 2012-2013: Possible Uniform Changes

Morgan33

I still stand by my PotD vote, that Pretty Good Pat on the Back Award nomination was made in jest.

I think he deserves both as the post is one of the most logical ones i ahve seen in a long time. the bolts should have gone back to there cup jerseys like the oilers did and flames(hoping) are. those were there bestlook. add a blue alt and your set.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting back on-subject, now that the Panthers have officially dumped their loathsome thirds, has there been any word as to whether Edmonton will unload their Edge 1.0 leftovers next season?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Getting back on-subject, now that the Panthers have officially dumped their loathsome thirds, has there been any word as to whether Edmonton will unload their Edge 1.0 leftovers next season?

Most likely YES! Btw, do you thuink the panths should do a throwback to there original jerseys as an alternate, or is that just me? those were there best look.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

I know quite a few people, myself included, were hoping for a return to their original look when they announced they were putting the emphasis back on red. Bringing those back would be fantastic, but I get a strong feeling that their next alt will be a navy version of their current design. I read recently, though, that the Panthers are only going with home and road jerseys next season, so we won't see an alternate until 2013. That will be the 20th anniversary of the franchise... hmmm.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Whatever happened to that rumor that one of the Southeast teams was going to do something with their uniforms that had never been done before on an NHL uniform?

I'm pretty sure that was just some bull :censored:. Washington, Florida, Winnipeg, and Tampa Bay have all made changes pretty recently, so has Nashville. That leaves Carolina, and I don't see them changing anything anytime soon.

Whatever happened to that rumor that one of the Southeast teams was going to do something with their uniforms that had never been done before on an NHL uniform?

I thought that ended up being the microchip in the Bolts' STH sweaters.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I thought the rumor was for one of the Southern teams, and I figured that was Nashville using yellow as their dark jersey.

Thank god. The most blatant "we MUST get on the bandwagon" sweater created, it needed to be dismissed asap.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Thank god. The most blatant "we MUST get on the bandwagon" sweater created, it needed to be dismissed asap.

It still has one game left before its retirement.

+1

spacer.png

Really? People find this clever and/or witty? The board has hit a new low.

Thank god we have people like you to tell us what the state of the boards are :rolleyes:

Any rumblings in Minnesota for jersey news? They seem to be promoted the hell out of their green alternate.

Capitals in the throwbacks again this evening. Man, it feels like they've been wearing those a lot as of late.

Yes. The team wants no part of it.

The Caps need a serious jersey update. Theirs wasn't really too bad considering how hard some other teams were hit by Edge, but now that most of them (Toronto, Edmonton, Buffalo, etc...) have fixed theirs, they need to make some changes. Those atrocious white streaks down the arms on the home scream "Edge fill-tool disaster".

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Yes. The team wants no part of it.

The Caps need a serious jersey update. Theirs wasn't really too bad considering how hard some other teams were hit by Edge, but now that most of them (Toronto, Edmonton, Buffalo, etc...) have fixed theirs, they need to make some changes. Those atrocious white streaks down the arms on the home scream "Edge fill-tool disaster".

Agreed. They just need to make a few minor tweaks and they'll have a modern classic. My least favourite part about them however is how they have both hem stripes and side panels. Looks awkward

The design process for Tampa's new jerseys...

"We need something Iconic and original... any ideas?"

"Why not just copy Detroits jerseys, they don't get anymore iconic than that!"

"Brilliant! Now we just need a colour scheme, our fans won't stand for red and white."

"Why not just copy the Maple Leafs? That'll make us look even more iconic!"

"Well done sir! Just need a couple of generic Lightning Bolts in circles and we can have ourselves an early lunch!"

"How about writing the words "Tampa Bay Hockey Club" around one of them? People will have to take us seriously now!"

"Genius! Lunch?"

Yep. Morgo, here ya go:

postofday.png

As a holder of four POTD ribbons it is my duty to step in and say that Morgo's post is hardly POTD material. There are many, many things wrong here. I'll just address three of them. First off, the guys who nominated it for POTD don't have the tenure or the juice to do so. Secondly, the guy who awarded the ribbon has no business awarding it. Finally, the post itself had not one element that made it POTD material. It was a pathetically weak attempt at humor; and around here, that's really saying something.

Therefore, I am invoking rule 77 sec. 09 paragraph 8 of the POTD rules of engagement and exercising my right as a multiple ribbon holder to correct this egregious error. I am hereby rescinding this ribbon and noting for the record that the post in question will not be recognized as part of the hallowed history of the POTD.

As is my right as defined by sec. 36 paragraph 19, I am not required to nor am I asking for a second or a consensus on this matter. It is done. Let freedom ring throughout the land.

We now return to our regularly scheduled programming.

PS: I think the Lightning's look isn't half bad. I kinda like it actually.

BB52Big.jpg

The design process for Tampa's new jerseys...

"We need something Iconic and original... any ideas?"

"Why not just copy Detroits jerseys, they don't get anymore iconic than that!"

"Brilliant! Now we just need a colour scheme, our fans won't stand for red and white."

"Why not just copy the Maple Leafs? That'll make us look even more iconic!"

"Well done sir! Just need a couple of generic Lightning Bolts in circles and we can have ourselves an early lunch!"

"How about writing the words "Tampa Bay Hockey Club" around one of them? People will have to take us seriously now!"

"Genius! Lunch?"

Yep. Morgo, here ya go:

postofday.png

As a holder of four POTD ribbons it is my duty to step in and say that Morgo's post is hardly POTD material. There are many, many things wrong here. I'll just address three of them. First off, the guys who nominated it for POTD don't have the tenure or the juice to do so. Secondly, the guy who awarded the ribbon has no business awarding it. Finally, the post itself had not one element that made it POTD material. It was a pathetically weak attempt at humor; and around here, that's really saying something.

Therefore, I am invoking rule 77 sec. 09 paragraph 8 of the POTD rules of engagement and exercising my right as a multiple ribbon holder to correct this egregious error. I am hereby rescinding this ribbon and noting for the record that the post in question will not be recognized as part of the hallowed history of the POTD.

As is my right as defined by sec. 36 paragraph 19, I am not required to nor am I asking for a second or a consensus on this matter. It is done. Let freedom ring throughout the land.

We now return to our regularly scheduled programming.

What POTD rules?

Archived