New UNC football helmets

creativelysain

I really don't understand the need for two different facemasks on the exact same helmet.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

We see this every year. The white helmet looks like it's actually going to happen this year, but I doubt that the others will see the light of day.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

With the thinner navy stripes, I'd say the gray-facemask helmet looks to be a throwback to the 1963-66 helmet.

I'd still take the Carolina blue helmet over any of these, with the dark gray/pewter helmet being the next best thing (as much as I hate to give in trends). That dark-charcoal + Carolina blue is really sharp though.

The silver helmet looks pretty bad.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

**facepalm**

Why use a grey facemask with the white helmet? It just makes them look more like Duke!! Are they out of their dang minds? And, the silver and gun metal ones are completely ridiculous.

I mean, I know we all come to this site because we might have a heightened sense for what makes athletic aesthetics good, but it amazes me how inept people in charge of equipment can be.

Is it really that hard to understand what looks good and what makes sense? Just seeing this photo depresses me.

I really don't understand the need for two different facemasks on the exact same helmet.

Ironically, neither of them look very good. Those white helmets are just begging for dark blue facemasks.

Also, those silver and gray helmets... sigh. All you need to do is have the old carolina blue helmet plus a white version with a navy facemask. Is it really that hard?

**facepalm**

Why use a grey facemask with the white helmet? It just makes them look more like Duke!!

Is there anyone out there who looks at a white helmet with gray facemask and thinks "Duke?"

Heck, my first thought when I see an actual Duke helmet isn't even Duke. It's the Indianapolis Colts.

I will say that the white metallic helmet with the navy facemask that was shown last year looks better than either of the white helmets here. But the gray facemask does make sense if they're going with a throwback look, since we've used that helmet design in the past.

**facepalm**

Why use a grey facemask with the white helmet? It just makes them look more like Duke!!

Is there anyone out there who looks at a white helmet with gray facemask and thinks "Duke?"

Heck, my first thought when I see an actual Duke helmet isn't even Duke. It's the Indianapolis Colts.

Well, we all know Duke football is the real athletic king of Durham :rolleyes:

spacer.png

so no blue helmet this year??

im 99% sure that white/grey one is a throwback. the silver one screams Detroit Lions to me too.

im fine with variety but. . . wheres the variety? 2 whites, a silver and grey. and why abandon (possibly) your best brand asset; the blue helmet? i think their regular blue, the all white, and the throwback would be aa great combination.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Al9TMWvCIAMG5C0.jpg

Total shots in the dark here:

White helmet = primary

Silver = alternate

White helmet #2: Like WSU said, it's a throwback

Gray helmet: Pro Combat.

So I guess UNC's probably gonna have a regular set of unis w/ an alternate helmet, a fauxback uniform, then a Pro Combat uni (Kinda weird considering that football is pretty much the last thing I associate UNC with, since basketball, women's basketball, lacrosse, & even soccer make the list in my head before I think of Tar Heel football).

The only thing I have issue with is that there's no blue helmet.

I'd be surprised if Nike would want to use a school under investigation for serious violations as a Pro Combat school.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Ohio State's been doing the RPC thing for years, you know.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived