Your Team(s) Best All-Time Look?

pianoknight

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Toronto Maple Leafs

bselby.jpg

baunbob.jpg

Simple and classic. Though to be fair, the current look's not that bad. It's as good a look as is possible, given MLSE's continued use of the Ballard leaf.

33a015d348e9811a2abc0a71ee03.jpg

398px-DionPhaneufLeafs.jpg

Toronto Blue Jays

joe-carters-elation-25-october-2010.jpg

tom-henke1.jpg

The current redesign is fantastic. I love everything about it, save for the unnecessary navy outline around the road script. That being said, the World Series look will always be the premier Jays look in my opinion.

Toronto Raptors

72391202_crop_650x440-1.jpg

1553423.jpg

It did away with the over-the-top 90s-ness of the team's first look without losing what made it unique. The split colour road uniform was still a bit much, but I would rather take that over the over-done red and black look they wear now.

Hamilton Tiger-Cats

KerriganMike2.jpg

McPhersonDon-Ham2.jpg

True, it uses the inferior older logo, but the rest of the look is brilliant. Just replace the old tiger with the new tiger and you have what the team should be wearing today.

San Diego Chargers

p-85560-ladainian-tomlinson-san-diego-chargers-throwback-8x10-color-photo-cotg-8nfl-ltoml03.jpg

SanDiegoChargersvKansasCityChiefsTcRdKJ5n4Pfl.jpg

I just love this look. It's fantastic.

Though the previous navy set would have been top notch had they paired this excellent set...

G7jaH.jpg

...with a home uniform that used a jersey like this with white pants.

SanDiegoChargers18CharlieJoinerDarkBlueThrowbackNFLJersey-1207.jpg

p-85560-ladainian-tomlinson-san-diego-chargers-throwback-8x10-color-photo-cotg-8nfl-ltoml03.jpg

SanDiegoChargersvKansasCityChiefsTcRdKJ5n4Pfl.jpg

Ehh, I'm not a fan of the throwbacks in general, but I'm especially not a fan of the white pants.

This ought to be the iconic Chargers "classic" look:

fb_alworthl.jpg

I don't mind the gold pants with the white jerseys, but I've never liked them with the powder blue jerseys.

^ I wish the Rangers would switch to these and the white version for their home & away, and save the classic diagonal Rangers sweaters for when they play Original Six clubs.

In fact, I wouldn't mind seeing all of the Original Six clubs do the same. It'd guarantee color vs. color in all Original Six match-ups, which would only make them that much more Original Six-y.

You can't do color vs. color for every Original Six matchup. You'd have clashes with Chicago/Montreal and New York/Toronto.

However, as I've mentioned elsewhere, I love the Lady Liberty jerseys and if it weren't for the Rangers already having an excellent classic look, the Lady Liberty jerseys would look great if worn full-time.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Islanders:

I love orange.

72786412_display_image.jpg?1320180482

Lightning:

Loved these back in the day and still my favorite all time Bolts jersey.

espo+bradley.jpg

Giants:

Loved the red alternates.

image.jpg

Bucs:

I loved the old school look, but the new look is clearly better with the modern logos and red and black.

king.jpg

Yankees:

jason-giambi-ap2.jpg

USF:

I love the new green helmet and like the all green look alot.

134463344_extra_large.jpg

2ly2w09.jpg

UNC Basketball:

MichaelJordanTarHeels2.jpg

The currents (minus those sweatbacks) are, of course, a close second. The 1993 unis are also terrific. As are the old ones from the 1950s era with the red braiding, which I can't come across a good picture of.

Atlanta Braves:

Easily this:

hank_aaron_1957_bw.jpg

Hard to put this in front of the feather set. The current set and the set that inspired the new throwbacks were also gorgeous.

Carolina Panthers:

Cam+Newton+Carolina+Panthers+v+Cincinnati+DFSpUagCryKl.jpg

Judging by the new logo, this isn't subject to change any time soon.

Chicago Bulls:

jordan-dunk-contest.jpg

Surely you didn't expect anything else.

Charlotte Hornets:

alonzo_mourning_larry_johnson_mugsy_bouges.jpg

That set was amazing. The set that replaced it was a degradation. Don't get me started on the lousy NO "Hornets." Coincedentally, this jersey is a bit of a whale of mine... Never been able to find one with the pinstripes on it, for any of the three colors. Any help would be appreciated.

Side note: Not necessarily my favorite team, but these Pacers unis were gorgeous. And I love Reggie Miller, so I had to throw them in.

winning-time-reggie-miller-vs-the-new-york-knicks-30-for-30jpg-11e9d7537571646a_large.jpg

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Click the Banner - Join the Movement!

Bannertop.jpeg

^ I wish the Rangers would switch to these and the white version for their home & away, and save the classic diagonal Rangers sweaters for when they play Original Six clubs.

In fact, I wouldn't mind seeing all of the Original Six clubs do the same. It'd guarantee color vs. color in all Original Six match-ups, which would only make them that much more Original Six-y.

You can't do color vs. color for every Original Six matchup. You'd have clashes with Chicago/Montreal and New York/Toronto.

I was thinking that the Leafs still had white throwbacks (I see that is no longer the case) and the Blackhawks have a number of mostly black or black/red striped sweaters to choose from to avoid a color vs color conflict with Montreal.

ChiliDavis.jpg

If they took the current logo and wordmark and used a navy cap/sleeves, it'd be even better.

Barney_Lem_2_Tomsic.jpg

As much as I love the simple throwbacks the Lions wear, I can't say they're better than the silver number set.

1994flair053.gif

Goofy font and all, I like them better than the "shooting sun" jerseys.

Archived