Seattle Seahawks

jimboqb12

This is my first attempt at using Inkscape. I'd been stuck in MSPaint but I've branched out and I'm now learning the ropes on Inkscape.

I've gone against the speculation and designed a very conservative Seahawks concept. A bit of the old with the new. I used the navy of the current uni set and the green from the classic Largent era unis.

Anyway here they are. As always I'm looking forward to hearing the pointers from you talented bunch.

Home

Home-1.png

Road

Road-1.png

The navy looks waaaaay black on my screen.

But other than that, I love this set. It's clean, simple and everything that Seattle isn't.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Love those cleats! Can you put a double border around the numbers? I think it'll bring out the green outline more. Also, what's wrong with using the home socks for the road unis?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Agree with others, the navy is way too dark, looks like it's black. They currently have a very unique shade of blue, and this isn't it. Other than that, I'm really digging this. Love the old school green.

Im working on the colour now. I was intrigued by the fact that you guys thought it was black. I took the colour from Colorwerx's site which is a fantastic source for colours. Anyway I looked at their current uniforms and actually the navy used on those is extremely dark so I don't think the colouring is wrong. However, I think that having the navy too dark obviously takes away from the Seahawks identity that I'm trying to get back to so I crack these out in the new blue and see how they come out.

Love those cleats! Can you put a double border around the numbers? I think it'll bring out the green outline more. Also, what's wrong with using the home socks for the road unis?

If anything I'd take the outline off the numbers. I would definitely lobby against adding a second outline. It will make it very cluttered and muddy-looking.

Try Serpentine Bold, or something close to the wordmark.

Above all, do not do this.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I've updated the navy to a lighter shade. It actually works a lot better with the green now. I've kept the numbers as they are and the green trim which stands out more against the new blue. C&C welcome chaps.

I really like these. They look like the Seahawks again. However, I really really dislike the sleevehawks. They won't work with modern tailoring and I never liked the "It's on our helmet AND our sleeve!" overkill on any team. Most closeups on television are from the side like that, and it just looks silly to have the logo repeated over and over like that, IMO.

I know a lot of members on here think that sleeve striping doesnt work but I think it still does. Of course its not as large as it once was but having sleeve stripes is still workable for two reasons:

1. There is still a sleeve. Granted lineman are now practically wearing vests but while the pads have pads over the deltoids there will be a sleeve. Why not fill that space with more than just a manufacturers logo.

2. If you were to remove sleeve stripes you would lose what are not just team icons but football icons. Teams like Steelers, Packers, 49ers and Bears have strong identities that would be diluted if the stripes were removed. Furthermore the sleeve stripe is the icon of a football jersey around the world. If you see a tshirt with three stripes on the sleeve you know its based on a football jersey.

Plus they hark back to an era that was just bloody cool.

That said I do agree with the double logo thing; however, it is the Seahawks look and I wanted to return to it after the so called 'denim' years.

Archived