Chicago Bears GSH?

Nintendogmaster

Look at this oddity:

sZ12X.png

So the fan replicas will have monstrous sleeves, but still shoulder numbers....this looks totally weird.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

new jersey is okay, still looks the same basically. That fan jersey is bad imo. I will just keep wearin my Walter Payton and Gale Sayers jerseys. I got an authentic Anthony "A-train" Thomas #35 jersey. (remember him?)

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

What is with the gray undersweaters some of those models are wearing?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

What is with the gray undersweaters some of those models are wearing?

You shut your filthy Reebok mouth, that's anthracite!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

All these elbow-length sleeved replicas really make me wish modern football jerseys had longer sleeves. The spacing of the jersey elements, especially not having a team logo/striping, number, and manufacturer logo crammed onto the shoulder cap, is so much more aesthetically pleasing.

The TV numbers moving to the shoulder and the stripes not going all the way around didn't bug me when I first saw them but they're really bothering me now.

The Bears have generally had the same look at home since the 1950s and now this just because a new supplier has some high-tech template that can't accomodate them.

The Bears really should have done what the Packers did and told Nike to take a hike.

(I don't want anybody to think I'm a uniform Luddite like Paul Lukas. I'm all for uni progress but certain uniforms shouldn't be messed with. The Bears' home jersey was not only historic but well-designed and aging well. Want to screw with the Seahawks or Jaguars? Fine by me. Want to tweak imperfect but historic sets like the Cowboys or Giants or even the Bears' roads? Go for it.

But don't touch the Bears' home jersey.)

It's growing on me. I watched a vid interview with Urlacher at the nike unveil and the shoulder numbers...kind of work. Like....I enjoy them. A lot.

The collar sucks, but that's universal.

3cj7n.png

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I'm surprised the Bears change hasn't received more attention. It's fairly significant. Especially considering that outside of the Seahawks the only changes seemed to be unfortunate collar striping.

(And BJ Sands, the Cowboys' imperfections are not historic. At least not in the sense of "it's always been that way." Those have come over time, mainly in the Jerry Jones era.)

I'm surprised the Bears change hasn't received more attention. It's fairly significant.

I think it's more because, like the chiefs, moving those numbers to the shoulders was deemed inevitable, and thus not beyond expectations when they debuted.

twitter

I thought I had discovered that the “GSH” letters had moved from the right sleeve to the left…

6897285796_edb1cbbc0b_o.png

and was alerted that this had already happened....

urlacher.jpg

but now I'm seeing it was on the left sleeve way back in the day...

nfl_nu03.jpg

So what's the deal with the top photo of Urlacher having it on his right sleeve?

I thought I had discovered that the ?GSH? letters had moved from the right sleeve to the left?

6897285796_edb1cbbc0b_o.png

and was alerted that this had already happened....

urlacher.jpg

but now I'm seeing it was on the left sleeve way back in the day...

nfl_nu03.jpg

So what's the deal with the top photo of Urlacher having it on his right sleeve?

Maybe a one-time error on Reebok's part for that game?

Go A's!

I had been hoping for a while that the Bears would move the numbers to the shoulders. I'll gladly sacrifice having both the numbers and stripes on the sleeve for being able to fit all three stripes on the sleeve. It looks weird to me that the jersey Urlacher is wearing shows all three stripes and that's just not how it should be.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I had been hoping for a while that the Bears would move the numbers to the shoulders. I'll gladly sacrifice having both the numbers and stripes on the sleeve for being able to fit all three stripes on the sleeve. It looks weird to me that the jersey Urlacher is wearing shows all three stripes and that's just not how it should be.

The stripes are a bit too high up on the sleeve, there definitely is room for them to be lowered a smidge...

looking at the the 80's pic I'd much rather have the numbers on the sleeves and have the players tailor their sleeves like they did back in the day than have the numbers on the shoulders...I think the numbers on the shoulders looks way too generic and template driven and I think the empty shoulders is a superior look...to that degree I'd sacrifice the tv numbers for the sake of preserving the bare shoulders.

Archived