Dolphins considering in 2013 logo change

danmerz

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DolphinStadLogo.gif

I think they should just go completely modern/futuristic and develop something that looks similar to this

Couldn't agree more. That would make a great logo with some edits

I took a shot at that some years back...didn't really go over too well, though:

MIAdolphinslogopackage.png

Hard to believe that was over four years ago (the rest can be found in this thread).

I also used that same logo for my NFL NPC series:

MIAdolphins_NPC.png

Dude, just send that in to the dophin's owner. They need this.

Dude, just send that in to the dophin's owner. They need this.

Which one? They got like 30 of them. :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Miami_Dolphins_66_logo_2.gif

I don't know how someone could possibly think this is a good logo, the helmet is off the dolphins head, and i know the white spots are supposed to represent sun hitting the dolphin but it just looks like white spots.

Best logo they had! It's not always what is aesthetically right but sometimes what it represented.....just my opinion.

I wish that they would do a combination of the new logo sunburst and the old dolphin...I've seen a few good versions on here that is close to what I would like to see....it should be interesting to say the least whta they might come up with!

Sure it's the best logo they had.... in 1972.

I'm sorry dude, but no. This just screams "60's/70's" and it doesn't fit at all with today. It's not timeless. I'll say here the same thing I say about the Seahawks, Falcons, Vikings, and Patriots looks:

Just because it's old, it does NOT mean it's instantly better. Like this old Cowboys logo. You know why they don't use it anymore? It's because it looks like it should be in an old Hannah-Barbera cartoon.

Cowboys+Logo.JPG

Some things just don't age well. And if the Dolphins are looking for a change, they should move forward.

Hmmmm....the last time I remember, the Cowboys have had a star on the side of their helmet for close to 50 years....do you suggest they change theirs? I thought not.....

It's also not a dated, hand-drawn, mottled mess of a star, either.

Can someone do a concept of the Cowboys uniform, with about 8 shades of blue, 7 shades of gray, and a hand-drawn, mottled mess of a star on their helmet.

I think I'm in to it.

(When it comes to logos, is "hand drawn" now an insult?)

So, coming back around to the thread at hand... the hand-drawn dolphin is the superior logo because it's hand-drawn, and therefore has "soul"?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I wanted to incorporate elements of both logos, so I used the sun & body shape of the old with the detail of the new minus the navy.

xMiami-Dolphins5-copy-copy.png

Nailed it.

Yeah, it's good. I didn't like the two shades of aqua at first, but the more I think about it, it works. The navy needs to go because it muddles up the uniforms badly and messes with an otherwise great color scheme, and its inclusion in the logo will lead people to call for it to needlessly be included in the uniforms (like people wanting SF and KC to add black due to it being in their logos). I think the two shades of aqua are distinctive enough without looking like an additional color was added to the uniforms. I mean, nobody is calling for the Titans to add gray to their uniforms because of the bevel-effect on the tumbtack logo.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

DolphinStadLogo.gif

I think they should just go completely modern/futuristic and develop something that looks similar to this

Couldn't agree more. That would make a great logo with some edits

I took a shot at that some years back...didn't really go over too well, though:

MIAdolphinslogopackage.png

Hard to believe that was over four years ago (the rest can be found in this thread).

I also used that same logo for my NFL NPC series:

MIAdolphins_NPC.png

Ditch the sun and enlargen the dolphin and that might work for me. Also, as has been mentioned, all white road unis. Thankfully, you got rid of the silly navy as tertiary. Never liked it.

So, coming back around to the thread at hand... the hand-drawn dolphin is the superior logo because it's hand-drawn, and therefore has "soul"?

Not in this case, no. I rather like the update, except for the pointless navy, and I REALLY like the simplified one posted upthread.

I just don't think "hand-drawn" makes sense as an epithet.

I'd expect the logo would be a tweak, so here is what I'm thinking of something that is more acceptable:

Miami_Dolphins_logo_Tweaked.png

That concept logo that's been floating around would be perfect.

Mimai%20Dolphins%20logo.gif

This is the very definition of change for change's sake. What does that tweak even accomplish? There is nothing it conveys more effectively than the current logo, you just eliminated a couple highlights that gave it shape. And that bottom one has completely removed every highlight that makes the dolphin look wet and shiny, like the sleek water-dwelling mammal it is. It looks like a dried up turd.

Now I will say that the old 70's logo some of you are pining for would be no better, because it is extremely sloppy and Xeroxed-looking when viewed today:

13oep73r6lmvxcqazzhvjfchv.gif

I'd like to see them go a little more art deco, maybe not quite as abstract as the Marlins did. I fear though that any uni/logo tweaking would mean eliminating the teal, because it seems to be on the endangered colors list

Not in this case, no. I rather like the update, except for the pointless navy, and I REALLY like the simplified one posted upthread.

I just don't think "hand-drawn" makes sense as an epithet.

Agreed... with all these points.

I wanted to incorporate elements of both logos, so I used the sun & body shape of the old with the detail of the new minus the navy.

xMiami-Dolphins5-copy-copy.png

Nailed it.

Yeah, it's good. I didn't like the two shades of aqua at first, but the more I think about it, it works. The navy needs to go because it muddles up the uniforms badly and messes with an otherwise great color scheme, and its inclusion in the logo will lead people to call for it to needlessly be included in the uniforms (like people wanting SF and KC to add black due to it being in their logos). I think the two shades of aqua are distinctive enough without looking like an additional color was added to the uniforms. I mean, nobody is calling for the Titans to add gray to their uniforms because of the bevel-effect on the tumbtack logo.

Great. Very nice!

Archived