Dolphins considering in 2013 logo change

danmerz

ZYLbCy.gif

You're welcome.

This is why I don't like helmets as logos.

This is why Cleveland needs some sort of logo, not a helmet.

Don't worry. I'll say it for you: CLEVEJACKED!!!

Clevejacked.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's time that they adopted Roger Clemente's fantastic logo from 2005:

NewDolphins.gif

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Miami_Dolphins_66_logo_2.gif

I don't know how someone could possibly think this is a good logo, the helmet is off the dolphins head, and i know the white spots are supposed to represent sun hitting the dolphin but it just looks like white spots.

I don't know how someone could possibly think this is a good logo, the helmet is off the dolphins head, and i know the white spots are supposed to represent sun hitting the dolphin but it just looks like white spots.

Best logo they had! It's not always what is aesthetically right but sometimes what it represented.....just my opinion.

I wish that they would do a combination of the new logo sunburst and the old dolphin...I've seen a few good versions on here that is close to what I would like to see....it should be interesting to say the least whta they might come up with!

A balance between the old dolphin and the current but far too cartoonish dolphin would be nice. I always liked how the Florida Marlin was depicted, a dolphin with that aesthetic would look great.

I was thinking to incorporate the winning tradition of the past to the current image that they have...........A great concept by gladsadmad here so I just tweaked it to put the version I like (please forgive my crude artist ability as I just have Paintbrush and not a true artist software)...

My link

It's not a sun, it's a flaming hoop. The Dolphin should be jumping through the hoop, not in front of it. This would be the "head in the sun" logo as dirwuf calls it.

The Miami Dolphins call it a sun in their media guide, and it's been a sun since 1966. The dolphin in the logo is not a waterpark attraction.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I might be part of the minority on this board but I think the current and former Dolphin logos are less than stellar and I would love to see a complete rebranding of the team. The dolphin shape is such a beautiful image that can be rendered in so many ways it is a shame to have it done in the way they've done it for so many years. I'm not in love with the new Marlins logo but if the Dolphins took a page from that organization and simplified their Dolphin logo it might result in a really iconic and visually pleasing solution that might appeal to the majority of the fan base. Just a thought.

How dare people confuse two different shades of blue-green. Shame on them!

They should be shot, really.

They're in Miami. There's a decent chance they will be.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Take the old logo and fill in the spots. Modify the face to something similar to now.

Uniforms wise, adjust the 1984 or 72 uniforms to todays uniform standards like the 49ers did and call it a day. Perfection if I say so.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Best logo they had! It's not always what is aesthetically right but sometimes what it represented.....just my opinion.

I wish that they would do a combination of the new logo sunburst and the old dolphin...I've seen a few good versions on here that is close to what I would like to see....it should be interesting to say the least whta they might come up with!

Sure it's the best logo they had.... in 1972.

I'm sorry dude, but no. This just screams "60's/70's" and it doesn't fit at all with today. It's not timeless. I'll say here the same thing I say about the Seahawks, Falcons, Vikings, and Patriots looks:

Just because it's old, it does NOT mean it's instantly better. Like this old Cowboys logo. You know why they don't use it anymore? It's because it looks like it should be in an old Hannah-Barbera cartoon.

Cowboys+Logo.JPG

Some things just don't age well. And if the Dolphins are looking for a change, they should move forward.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

It'll be interesting to see how the Dolphins change the wordmark. They have used a bubbly, water based mark for as long as I can remember, whether it's the current one or the old Shula-era mark.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived