The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I almost died when Bob Hartley said that the Flames were "this" close to being where the Kings are. /infrancoontarianexcent "We finish only 5 back of the Kings, we're close"

Viking, Alberta!!!! CELEBRATE!!! SUTTER PARTY!!!!

Β 

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Β 

I saw a heading at the top of the forum with LA Kings championship gear on fansedge.

I got an email last week (after game 4) from hockeyattire.com celebrating the LA Kings Stanley Cup championship.

I know this phrase is usually used in death threads, but...

(L.A. Kings' CEO/owners to fans: Today, we are all Kings.)

Also, I'm happy for the former Flyers who won the Cup tonight. Next year Orange and Black, baby!

Hey admiral, the 2010 playoffs sucked.

Don't kid yourself, 2010 was great. Montreal came back against Washington, then upset Pittsburgh. Philly came back from 3-0. The San Jose - Detroit series was good. Chicago had a great run.

Much better than this year.

Blackhawks-Sharks was a sweep, but it didn't feel like a blowout. It was cool that it came down to the two best teams in the conference. Sometimes there's something to be said for that.

Congrats, Kings!

β™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneΒ β™«

Kings of the National Hockey League.

Congrats to the fans of Los Angeles who've waited 45 years for this. It's been my pleasure to ride this bandwagon. :hockeysmiley:

6uXNWAo.png

I like the Kings' goal horn. Anything that's not just the dumb flat durrrrrrr that the Flyers/Leafs/Bolts/et al use is cool with me.

β™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneΒ β™«

Then why have a 30 team league and a 16 team playoff?

I could see somebody claiming "fluke" or "the best teams didn't win" if it was a best of 1. Vancouver had 7 opportunities to prove they were better than the Kings, but only needed 5 to prove they were not same goes with Detroit, San Jose and Chicago (6 games).

The beauty of the Stanley Cup playoffs is that once you're in, you have a chance to win, no matter how small some people think it is. I think the wheat is separated from the chaff during the regular season (bottom 47% don't make it). The teams that do make it all fight long and hard to get the invite, and so in a way, all deserve that shot (even if you hate them, as I hated Chicago in 2010.)

I'm with you. I love the 2 month marathon that is the Stanley Cup Playoffs!

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Β 

Meh. I stopped watching after the Kings scored the third goal. But they deserved it much more than the Devils, they dominated all of their opponents and J-Man Quick will be a Stanley Cup playoff legend forever and ever. Congratulations LA, but this is bitter.

anim_040d06ba-0611-bac4-cd7b-50fc54ad382Β 

Β 

Archived