The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

Even though I jumped on the bandwagon during the Vancouver series and watched every game since Game 3 of that series, the Kings have made me a fan for good. I never really felt that strong of a pull for the Ducks, but I knew I was hooked on the Kings when they lost Game 4 and Game 5 in the Stanley Cup Final and I was thoroughly miserable, similar to how I feel when my Cowboys lose. This was a Magical run to watch! Just wish I became a fan earlier in my life.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though I jumped on the bandwagon during the Vancouver series and watched every game since Game 3 of that series, the Kings have made me a fan for good. I never really felt that strong of a pull for the Ducks, but I knew I was hooked on the Kings when they lost Game 4 and Game 5 in the Stanley Cup Final and I was thoroughly miserable, similar to how I feel when my Cowboys lose. This was a Magical run to watch! Just wish I became a fan earlier in my life.

Going out on a limb here... You've never been to Dallas have you?

90758391980.gif

We've now had 9 consecutive different champions (LA, BOS, CHI, PIT, DET, ANA, CAR, TB, NJ) without a team winning another cup, the longest such streak in NHL history. You'd hit the 2001-02 Red Wings before you duplicated a winner (going backwards of course).

To compare:

NFL 6: Super Bowls II to VII (GB, NYJ, KC, BAL, DAL, MIA).

MLB 10: 1978-1987 (NYY, PIT, PHI, LAD, STL, BAL, DET, KC, NYM, MIN).

NBA 6: 1975-1980 (GS, BOS, POR, WAS, SEA, LAL).

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Going out on a limb here... You've never been to Dallas have you?

I've explained why I'm a Cowboys fan in another thread, but this is not the thread for it. And I have been to Dallas.

Back on topic, I'm thrilled that the Kings won. I'm sure the fans who've been fans since before this season are sure enjoying themselves.

We've now had 9 consecutive different champions (LA, BOS, CHI, PIT, DET, ANA, CAR, TB, NJ) without a team winning another cup, the longest such streak in NHL history. You'd hit the 2001-02 Red Wings before you duplicated a winner (going backwards of course).

To compare:

NFL 6: Super Bowls II to VII (GB, NYJ, KC, BAL, DAL, MIA).

MLB 10: 1978-1987 (NYY, PIT, PHI, LAD, STL, BAL, DET, KC, NYM, MIN).

NBA 6: 1975-1980 (GS, BOS, POR, WAS, SEA, LAL).

Safe to say we'll never see that record beat.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

:censored: Steve Bernier.

:censored: the Devils.

:censored: the Kings.

Congrats to all the Kings fans that have been long suffering with the crap year after crap year, and crap goalie after crap goalie. All the bandwagoners can :censored: ing shove it, though.

I agree with you as far as all the bandwaggoners. The question is, how many Ducks fans left the Ducks for the Kings? I say quite a lot.

:censored: Steve Bernier.

:censored: the Devils.

:censored: the Kings.

Congrats to all the Kings fans that have been long suffering with the crap year after crap year, and crap goalie after crap goalie. All the bandwagoners can :censored: ing shove it, though.

I agree with you as far as all the bandwaggoners. The question is, how many Ducks fans left the Ducks for the Kings? I say quite a lot.

Whatever number someone wanted to put out, I wouldn't be surprised if it was right. I know the Ducks got their fair share of hockey/Kings "fans" during their run. Same as the Angels got their fair share of Dodger "fans" after their World Series in 2002. I love Southern California and our sports scene, but SoCal bandwagoners are the worst bandwagoners. It's the unfortunate nature of the SoCal sports fan. Lakers car flags were being slowly replaced with Kings car flags over the last couple months, and it disgusts me.

And another thing regarding what you posted, it's probably the thing that is going to irk me the most about this Kings title. Not the Cup win, or the parade, or the banner raising. It's going to be that first Kings game in Anaheim against the Ducks, when all these new Kings fans with their sparkly new Cup t-shirts and hats that couldn't tell you the difference between a hockey puck and a shuttlecock will come down to the Pond and start running their mouths like they own the place. THAT will be the worst part of this whole thing for me. I know there were plenty of Ducks bandwagoners that did the same thing when the Ducks won in 2007, and I hated that too. I don't mind people jumping on the bandwagon and sticking around to become real fans, but don't act like you've always been there and that you're diehard. Let it build.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I don't mind people jumping on the bandwagon and sticking around to become real fans, but don't act like you've always been there and that you're diehard. Let it build.

That's what I'm trying to accomplish. Also, that's why I've kept my mouth shut this whole playoff run. I didn't feel it was right for me to say anything, really, but I can guarantee that I'll be going to more Kings games than Lakers games next year.

And Still Mighty, I understand your hatred of the Kings and seeing them win a title. I'm a die-hard Cowboys fan and I've seen the hated Giants win two titles in the last 5 years... Here's to a Ducks-Kings West Finals next season, wouldn't that be great? lol

Anyways, congratulations to the real Kings fans who've been waiting for this. I'm hoping that I can count myself among you guys eventually. The Kings have converted me. I freakin' love hockey. Much better than the NBA playoffs. Million times better.

I freakin' love hockey. Much better than the NBA playoffs. Million times better.

Welcome aboard!

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I'll tell you what, no matter whose side you were on, that Brodeur-Quick handshake was a sight to see. Big hug and a lengthy conversation, upmost respect and admiration. To paraphrase what Doc said, "I love the handshake tradition for moments like these."

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Speaking of Doc, is it just me or is he never enthusiastic about a Cup win? I know he has a lot of history with the Devils organization but man did he seem monotone while announcing. He drives me absolutely nuts every game he announces, but I do like how he stops talking and let's the cheers of the players be heard

Manchester-City-icon.png

I don't mind people jumping on the bandwagon and sticking around to become real fans, but don't act like you've always been there and that you're diehard. Let it build.

That's what I'm trying to accomplish. Also, that's why I've kept my mouth shut this whole playoff run. I didn't feel it was right for me to say anything, really, but I can guarantee that I'll be going to more Kings games than Lakers games next year.

And Still Mighty, I understand your hatred of the Kings and seeing them win a title. I'm a die-hard Cowboys fan and I've seen the hated Giants win two titles in the last 5 years... Here's to a Ducks-Kings West Finals next season, wouldn't that be great? lol

Anyways, congratulations to the real Kings fans who've been waiting for this. I'm hoping that I can count myself among you guys eventually. The Kings have converted me. I freakin' love hockey. Much better than the NBA playoffs. Million times better.

As others have said - hockey is a fantastic sport, unfortunately it is run by a band of morons here in North America. 'Tis the reason it doesn't have nearly the popularity of the other three major North American sports.

spacer.png

Just saw TSN's montage and they closed it out with Doc Emerick saying "the Kings are the Kings!" Real creative.

I don't see how people can handle this guy.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Just saw TSN's montage and they closed it out with Doc Emerick saying "the Kings are the Kings!" Real creative.

I don't see how people can handle this guy.

I understand criticizing Doc, but for that's far from the worst of anything he says. Half the announcers out there with any imagination would have said something similar.

oBIgzrL.png

295009_10150958021149266_1640593462_n.jpg
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

cup champs u suck

What's with those random white triangles on the armpits of the Kings jerseys? So pointless and distracting.

They reminded me of the Lightning's victory stripes (RIP).

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived