Bruins vs. Panthers- Bruins in 5

Blues vs. Kings- Blues in 7

Blackhawks vs. Red Wings- Blackhawks in 6

Round 3

Rangers vs. Bruins- Rangers in 7

Blues vs. Blackhawks- Blackhawks in 7

Cup Finals

Rangers vs. Blackhawks- Rangers in 6

As I do every year when my team hits the golf course, I'll be rooting against Pittsburgh, Detroit, New Jersey, and St. Louis. I will be pulling for San Jose, LA, and Washington.

Also, it would be a disaster from a PR standpoint if the Coyotes win the Stanley Cup. There's nothing more bush league than a team winning a championship and then moving before the next season. For that reason, I hope they get swept again.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I mean the Flames aren't in the lottery, and by winning their final two games they'll be actually picking later in the draft.

But the lottery is tomorrow, and it's the first time Brian Burke will be able to attend. That should be a treat.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Here we go

East

Rangers over Senators in 6

Bruins over Capitals in 5

Devils over Panthers in 5

Penguins over Flyers in 7

West

Canucks over Kings in 7

Blues over Sharks in 6

Coyotes over Blackhawks in 6

Predators over Red Wings in 6

Second Round

Devils over Rangers in 6

Penguins over Bruins in 7

Predators over Canucks in 6

Coyotes over Blues in 6

Conference Finals

Devils over Penguins in 7

Coyotes over Predators in 7

Stanley Cuo Finals

Devils over Coyotes in 6

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

East

(8) Ottawa vs. (1) New York

New York: They are number 1 in the East for the First time in a long time!

Ottawa: They played very well this season but the last couple of key games they lost put them from 6th to 8th.

Overall: The Rangers early exit last year was a no shocker to me, but it won't be a shocker to me that they will move on to the 2nd round.

My Pick: Rangers beat the Sens 4-1

(7) Washington vs. (2) Boston

Boston: The Bruins went through the worst Stanley Cup Hangover early this season, but got cleaned and got there game back on track.

Washington: Once one of the Top Dogs for the past seasons now they are Underdogs this time around.

Overall: The Caps play their way to get back into playoff form but the Bruins will take them out.

My Pick: Bruins beat the Caps 4-2

(6) New Jersey vs. (3) Florida

Florida: After 10 years, Finally... um hold on let me clear my throat *ahem* ok here we go "FINALLY THE PANTHERS HAS COME BACK TO THE PLAYOFFS"!

New Jersey: After last year disaster they are back in the playoffs as stronger as they were years ago.

Overall: The Southeast Division champion the Panthers will get there Rudy Poo Candy Ass kick by the Devils after the smoke is clears and the dust settled.

My Pick: Devils will lay the Smackdown on the Panthers all over both Miami and New Jersey 4-2

(5) Philadelphia vs. (4) Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh: The Pens have prove that sometime you got to step up and play your game when your best players is out with injures

Philadelphia: Flyers have really keeping steady on their game this season don't be shocked when they shift their gears for the playoffs.

Overall: A same classic war story between two teams that never gets too old!

My Pick: Pens beat the Flyers 4-3

West

(8) Los Angeles vs. (1) Vancouver

Vancouver: The Canucks are once again number 1 in the league but this time it's going to be not so easy.

Los Angeles: The Kings got there "A" game in the 2nd half of the season; they better have there "A" game for the playoffs.

Overall: If the Kings don't have there "A" game, it's a walk in the Park for the Canucks.

My Pick: Nucks beat the Kings 4-2

(7) San Jose vs. (2) St. Louis

St. Louis: The Blues are back in the playoffs in a big way hopefully there mean streak keeps going all the way to the Finals.

San Jose: They had alot of chances to win Key games but it didn't happened.

Overall: The Sharks has no chance in this round with the Blues.

My Pick: Blues beat the Sharks 4-0

(6) Chicago vs. (3) Phoenix

Phoenix: The Coyotes have won a Division title, nuff said.

Chicago: The Hawks are the underdogs again but a little better than last year.

Overall: As much as would funny to see the Yotes lose, but I believe this time The Yotes got this one.

My Picks: Yotes beat the Hawks 4-3

(5) Detroit vs. (4) Nashville

Nashville: The Preds have really surprised me this season in a big way.

Detroit: For the 21st year in a row the Wings are in the playoffs they never seem to show there weakness too much.

Overall: This is going to be a tough call on this one.

My Pick: Preds beat the Wings 4-3

All I'm sure of is that the Penguins are going to win in four games. The Flyers have neither the goaltending nor the firepower to beat the Penguins this year.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. If all else fails, the Flyers will resort to goonery, and we have already seen the pens don't respond well to that. The penguins will win if A. they can tighten up defensively, and B. And if they can ignore Philly's attempts to drag them down to their level with their antics.

We saw some of both in Saturday's meaningless finale (granted, the refs were doing an excellent job at keeping the lid on Pandora's box), but the playoffs is a whole new monster.

oBIgzrL.png

All I'm sure of is that the Penguins are going to win in four games. The Flyers have neither the goaltending nor the firepower to beat the Penguins this year.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. If all else fails, the Flyers will resort to goonery, and we have already seen the pens don't respond well to that. The penguins will win if A. they can tighten up defensively, and B. And if they can ignore Philly's attempts to drag them down to their level with their antics.

We saw some of both in Saturday's meaningless finale (granted, the refs were doing an excellent job at keeping the lid on Pandora's box), but the playoffs is a whole new monster.

Philly has never won in Pittsburgh's new arena either - I don't expect that to change.

LvZYtbZ.png

Philly has never won in Pittsburgh's new arena either - I don't expect that to change.

Actually, they've won every game they've played in it except Saturday.

oBIgzrL.png

Saturday? What game were you watching? It was an overall unemotional snoozefest. Ease off the Bullies thing buddy, this isnt the 70s.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Ooh, the obligatory "why you hate da Flyerz?!" post. Now it's a thread.

Blues vs Sharks... again... damnit. Do not want.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

First Round:

(8)Ottawa over (1) NYR

(2)Bruins over (7)Caps

(3)Florida over (6)Devils

(4)Pens over (5)Flyers

(1)Canucks over (8)Kings

(2)Blues over (7)Sharks

(6)Hawks over (3)Yotes

(5)Red Wings over (4)Preds

Second Round:

(2)Bruins over (8)Ottawa

(4)Pens over (3)Florida

(6)Hawks over (1)Canucks

(2)Blues over (5)Red Wings

Conference Finals:

(4)Pens over (2)Bruins

(2)Blues over (6)Hawks

Stanley Cup Finals:

(2)Blues over (4)Pens

Saturday? What game were you watching? It was an overall unemotional snoozefest. Ease off the Bullies thing buddy, this isnt the 70s.

1. I stated the refs kept a lid on the game... I mean, there was a ten minute misconduct for simple post-whistle jostling and a five-and-a-game for a hit from behind that, in most circumstances, is just a two for boarding. Considering I was at the game, I think I saw things pretty clearly...

2. The game was meaningless, so no, your Cryers didn't really "bully" anyone, but I didn't say they did.

3. No, it isn't the 70's, but it is the Flyers, and some things never change.

oBIgzrL.png

1. I stated the refs kept a lid on the game... I mean, there was a ten minute misconduct for simple post-whistle jostling and a five-and-a-game for a hit from behind that, in most circumstances, is just a two for boarding. Considering I was at the game, I think I saw things pretty clearly...

2. The game was meaningless, so no, your Cryers didn't really "bully" anyone, but I didn't say they did.

3. No, it isn't the 70's, but it is the Flyers, and some things never change.

Yes the Flyers really field a team of goons, guys like Briere, Read, Schenn, Talbot, Couturier, Jagr. I get it you hate the Flyers, partly because of the rivalry, partly because you and the rest of the hockey world can't get over a reputation that's been dead now for about 30 years. But if you're going to take little shots, at least have them make some sense.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Not to sure where to post this but can somebody shed some light on the rift that had existed between the Chicago Blackhawks and Bobby Hull & Stan Mikita?

Wirtz wouldn't pay Hull what he was worth, Hull bolted for Winnipeg, Wirtz never forgave him. I don't remember what happened with Mikita but it was pretty clear he wanted nothing to do with the team till the old man died.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived