The Rite of Spring

The_Admiral

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nationally broadcast Sharks playoff game? JK, Randy and Drew. <_<

It was like that for the first 2 of the Chicago-Phoenix series.

Really? I was in Phoenix so I got FSArizona and I was there for Game 2. (Which had no local coverage, so Phoenix got Chicago coverage).

I already had my long rant on this in the NHL season thread, but it's just so damn lazy. Even with the CBC coverage of the LA/VAN series. You had guys in Vancouver for Game 1. They couldn't stay for Game 2? I like that every game is available, but come on, NBC. There are plenty of broadcasters not in the playoffs. Give them a check for the first round.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

So, the ruling on Andrew Shaw has been delayed until Tuesday, and that's got me thinking: is this the league calling Smith's bluff? They can hide behind punishing to the injury, but it kinda feels like they're saying, "Sure, if you want to play this charade out to the point of relying on Jason LaBarbera, we'll gladly oblige and bench this bottom-six forward for a game."

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

FSArizona didn't televise Game 2?

Wow. I know no one cares about the Yotes in Phoenix, but that's pretty friggen atrocious. It's a playoff game, after all.

Did FS-Arizona have a contractual obligation to show something else...i.e. a Diamondbacks game?

Yeah the Suns were on FSArizona and the DBacks were on FSArizona+. None of the three teams have a secondary agreement with another channel, so there was nothing happening there. FSArizona will broadcast the rest of the games though even if it goes the full seven.

If any of these teams get to the second round, there won't be local coverage there either. NBC/NHL said no local coverage for the second round. So, eh.

Watching this game has me wondering, did the Sharks seriously win Game 1? The Blues power play operates with efficiency, while the Sharks it's a hassle to connect even one pass. The Sharks also lazily shoot it into the Blues, simply not enough pucks on net. At least we've won more then the Canucks and Penguins.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

The CSNs are in the big happy NBC family, Foley is critical of the Hawks to the point of having been fired, and Olczyk is just as much a homer doofus on national telecasts as he is on local ones, so I'm not really sure what's lost or gained by picking up the Chicago feed. The Sharks guys are dopes, but whatever, it's half the fun.

So, the ruling on Andrew Shaw has been delayed until Tuesday, and that's got me thinking: is this the league calling Smith's bluff? They can hide behind punishing to the injury, but it kinda feels like they're saying, "Sure, if you want to play this charade out to the point of relying on Jason LaBarbera, we'll gladly oblige and bench this bottom-six forward for a game."

I love having Shaw out there, but not half as much as I'll love having LolBarbera out there. Unfortunately, we know what's going to happen: Smith will magically have concussion symptoms up till Shaw is suspended, then dress as if nothing happened. 100 percent!

Would the Hawks get unsportsmanlike conduct penalties if they celebrated goals by throwing their gloves and sticks in the air and pirouetting to the ice? Maybe they can all do it together at the end of the game in lieu of the tired stick-raising ceremony.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Randy and Drew for Game 4 too! It must be a godsend for NBC that the Blackhawks and Sharks both made it in. As well as the Flyers and Capitals... oh wait no, they get the full NBC treatment. <_< (Again, I get that the CSNs are NBC property, but it's just lazy. Foley is fine, but this is so clearly a Sharks broadcast from every single aspect. They don't even try to play it as a national game.)

San Jose scores just because.

Blues power play was 3-4 and one they didn't score was at the end and they didn't really care. 5 of 9 Blues goals have been via the PP. Just a pathetic penalty kill now. Absolutely need the next one.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Nice, the Caps fans have brought Obama pictures to taunt Thomas.

Except Thomas declining to visit the White House wasn't a protest of Obama or even the Democrats. It was a protest against the entire power structure of which both Republicans and Democrats are a part of. He referenced the government being out of control from pre-Bush to Obama. Caps fans look foolish by doing this if you ask me...

MIKE SMITH NEWSWIRE:

good to go for the morning skate

coaches said he was fine

no ruling on Shaw yet

downgraded to game-time decision.

This is so ridiculous.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Troll so hard.

Today's @EASPORTSNHL (NHL '12) Game of the Day is YOUR #CBJ vs the @LAKings. Tweet back YOUR in-game results!
@BlueJacketsNHL -- 6-0 #LAKings. Carter with a hatty.
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

MIKE SMITH NEWSWIRE:

good to go for the morning skate

coaches said he was fine

no ruling on Shaw yet

downgraded to game-time decision.

This is so ridiculous.

Maybe you should whine about it some more... that'll help the Blackhawks :rolleyes:

Shaw broke the rules. He delivered a headshot to a goalie. Whether or not Mike Smith embellished it is completely irrelevant.

Archived