Your 2012 National Hockey Lockout Thread

Lee.

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

WSH will make formal announcement in about 30 minutes that Adam Oates is the new coach of the Capitals. Just as @DarrenDreger reported.

In the spirit of bringing back former Caps to coach (Hunter, Oates) can they please please please bring Jim Carey in to be the goaltending coach?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WSH will make formal announcement in about 30 minutes that Adam Oates is the new coach of the Capitals. Just as @DarrenDreger reported.

Can't wait until they name Peter Bondra as the coach next year.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Scott Howson has apparently turned Ryan Murray into the anti-Ricky Williams.

I wonder if this is what it was like following hockey in the early seventies, when you had the likes of the Seals and Scouts constantly running into garden rakes.

As an Islanders fan I am so glad Scott Howson is a complete :censored: ing imbecile.

Unfortunately as this proves Garth Snow is also a :censored: ing imbecile; oh well.

I couldn't properly read that article and the last few posts on the idiots that run Columbus and the Isles without this playing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hF_rWzDlL5U

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

or joe juneau, michal pivonka, or mike eagles.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Pavel Bure, Mats Sundin, Joe Sakic, and Adam Oates have all been inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame. Brendan Shanahan and Pat Burns both snubbed.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Pavel Bure, Mats Sundin, Joe Sakic, and Adam Oates have all been inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame. Brendan Shanahan and Pat Burns both snubbed.

I wouldn't say snubbed so much Bure has been so it's nice to see him get it. Both will get in and the 4 selected all deserve it.

untitled-6.jpg

The last 15 to 20 years have flown by.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

and this is ESPN's NHL page as we speak

sakshan.png

Stick to the Skip Bayless/Stephen A. Smith debates, worldwide leader.

PvO6ZWJ.png

They say MSG (which I'm gonna guess is way nicer than most of the rinks in Russia) is "no longer suited to modern hockey"... so they choose a basketball arena to cram an ice rink into instead.

Those crazy Russians.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

The last 15 to 20 years have flown by.

No kidding. Just seems like yesterday.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

They say MSG (which I'm gonna guess is way nicer than most of the rinks in Russia) is "no longer suited to modern hockey"... so they choose a basketball arena to cram an ice rink into instead.

Those crazy Russians.

Perhaps Mikhail Prokhorov had something to do with the arena of choice as is the huge Russian Population in Brooklyn. Because if they were to chose the best hockey arena it would be in Newark.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

These would have been my four:

I only favor one 1st ballotter unless there are extraordinary circumstances.

Sakic (1st Ballot) Conn Smythe - Hart Trophy - Lady Byng Trophy - Lester Pearson Award - All Star MVP - Olympic MVP - 3 Time 1st Team All Star - 2 Stanley Cups - Gold Medal

Dave Andreychuk Stanley Cup Captian - All Time leader in Power Play goals

Tom Barrasso Winningest American Goalie - Calder - Vezina - Jennings Trophy - 2 Stanley Cups

Phil Housely 1200+ points - America's All Time leading Scorer at the time of retirement - Most games played by an American at the time of retirement.

In spite of their contributions these guys were damn close but didnt make my cut.

Brendan Shanahan (Next year)

Pavel Bure (Next Year)

Joining

Scott Niedermayer (1st Ballot)

Pat Burns

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Dave Andreychuk was just a compiler, and trying to make the 2004 Lightning's narrative into "Finally The Time Has Come For Dave Andreychuk" is why people make fun of the NHL.

The only two I'm a thousand times sold on are Sakic (one of the greatest hockey players of all time) and Sundin (he was really good too!). Adam Oates, meh, I know he was really good once, but I think I sorta missed it. Bure, yeah probably, I guess. Shanahan can sit and spin.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Breaking: Caps announce Joe Juneau and Calle Johansson will join coaching staff.

Thats a joke. Seriously, not a fan of the hire, wouldve rather had Haviland to be honest (out of the rumored finalists). Oates is still kind of green and that fits GMs mantra for hiring coaches but with a team that should be set up to win now I'd rather have someone with head coaching experience. Hes a smart cookie so im hoping things will go fine but we'll see.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I wasn't really sure if Pavel Bure would get in, but I'm glad he did. His career was cut short by injuries, not by ineffectiveness. He was one of the best pure goal scorers the NHL has ever seen, and probably one of the fastest players the NHL has ever seen too.

I thought the other three were obvious, even Oates. I'm kind of surprised by Shanahan's lack-of nomination, but his day will come soon enough, probably next year. That's not really all that big a deal. I'm not sure of Andreychuk at all.

spacer.png

I'm glad Pavel got in. I've never been bitter against him leaving Vancouver, and it looks like the team was trying to screw with him at the time.

I always wonder what might have happened if we'd been able to keep Larionov and Bure together more than one year.

or joe juneau, michal pivonka, or mike eagles.

If not for Mike Eagles the caps never would have been able to unload John Druce.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Flames just acquired Dennis Wideman from the Caps for prospect Jordan Henry and a 5th round pick in 2013. Then precede to sign Wideman to a 5 year deal, worth 5.25 million per.

The :censored:

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Flames just acquired Dennis Wideman from the Caps for prospect Jordan Henry and a 5th round pick in 2013. Then precede to sign Wideman to a 5 year deal, worth 5.25 million per.

The :censored:

Thank you Calgary!! :hockeysmiley:

Archived