Your 2012 National Hockey Lockout Thread

Lee.

Shame Parise just double-talked everyone. He was never going anywhere but Minny, and everyone knew it.

Good riddance, jerkoff...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where are all the Wild fans going ape :censored: ?

Oh yeah, it's the Wild.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Oh yeah, it's the Wild.

They put all their excitement into their team name.

I hope most Wild fans have realized that these two won't be bringing a Stanley Cup to Minnesota on their own. Either that or they have better things to do than post on these boards. Like Twitter. And Facebook.

I still don't see the Wild making the playoffs. Their D sucks after Suter, and their offense is just okay. Heatley isn't elite anymore, Koivu is a mediocre #1 center, and their depth is nothing special. They'll be better, but they're still a mediocre team.

Keep in mind this deal wasn?t made just for on-ice improvement. Attendance has dropped off in recent years, and the Wild needed to do something to re-energize the fan base and put butts back in those empty seats while the rest of the team develops. Landing two home-state stars at once should accomplish that goal, at the very least.

Does this make Minnesota a Cup contender overnight? Probably not, but it sure is one helluva start.

CCSLC signature.png

Alright, Ken Holland, if you're the mastermind most Wings fans say you are, now would be a good time to show us.

Expect a 4/$25M deal for Matt Carle now ^_^

Well, Minnesota easily has had the best offseason but it doesn't mean much right now. I can see them perhaps in a position to make the playoffs next season. I'm hoping that these double digit year contracts are addressed during the cba negotiations.

Shame Parise just double-talked everyone. He was never going anywhere but Minny, and everyone knew it.

I hate people like you who would do leave your company for a better paying job in a heartbeat, but rip an athlete for doing it. Hypocrite.

Typical sports fan. Why should he have stayed? Look at how you reacted. And I can't blame him for posturing to try and get every last penny; you'd do the same. There is no loyalty the other way around, so why should any player be loyal to a team?

Oh yeah, it's the Wild.

They put all their excitement into their team name.

I hope most Wild fans have realized that these two won't be bringing a Stanley Cup to Minnesota on their own. Either that or they have better things to do than post on these boards. Like Twitter. And Facebook.

If I had to guess, I'd say they make the playoffs. Hey, here in Minnesota, we've had the unbelievable feat of missing both NBA and NHL playoffs each of the last five years. I think they may just squeak in...and look what happened to the 8-seed this year.

But they need more defensemen to contend for even first round home ice. In any case, this is a coup...the team has been mired in non-playoff mediocrity. Playoff-contention mediocrity would be welcomed. And as a non-season ticket holder, getting tix probably just got a bit harder.

Looking forward to post-lockout hockey.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived