Your 2012 National Hockey Lockout Thread

Lee.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't even care anymore. Gary's done his best in making the most loyal, hard-core fans apathetic to the greatest sport on earth...

P.S. Will you ever spell-check, Frank?

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

If there is a deal done (and please let there be a deal done. I like hockey as much as some of you guys do), the first thing that has to be done is to show Bettman the door.

No commissioner should ever allow a league to deal with two game breaking lockouts, let alone one of them.

If there is a deal done (and please let there be a deal done. I like hockey as much as some of you guys do), the first thing that has to be done is to show Bettman the door.

No commissioner should ever allow a league to deal with two game breaking lockouts, let alone one of them.

3 actually(1994, 2004, and now)

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

3 actually(1994, 2004, and now)

THREE?!?

I cannot be the only person here who wants Bettman's greasy head on a silver platter lined with lettuce.

"It's not necessarily entirely impossible that my head has for the most part, according to some people, been removed from what most people can largely agree not to disagree is what most physicians would generally consider the rest of my body."

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

A reminder, Gary Bettman is just the figurehead for the owners in the grand scheme of things.

He is employed by them, yes. However, the question is whether he is their clown spokesman or he is the mastermind of this bumbling mess and the owners buy the crap he is selling.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I think it's somewhere in the middle. He is the spokesperson for the owners and takes his orders from them, but all 29 owners can't be dealing with the day to day of the league. He gets his direction from the owners but he does negotiate and manage the league for the owners.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

He's going nowhere unless the players "win" this CBA as big as the owners won the 2004 CBA

1zgyd8w.jpg

A4c1elqCMAA-__U.jpg

See...there WILL be hockey tonight...

At least those Rangers would have had a better chance at winning against the Orioles than the Texas Rangers did.

Looks like QPR will be the only Rangers playing sports this fall!

To update an earlier post of mine,

Hockey isn't only going to get online airplay from ESPN. Hockey will actually air ON TV on ESPN (2).

KHL will be shown on ESPN2 on Tuesday at 1 pm Eastern/10 am Pacific. The game will be Lev vs Dynamo Moscow. Hell, they're even going to have a re-air of an edited down version at 8 pm Eastern/5 pm Pacific.

So if you're desperate for pro hockey, check it out.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Couldn't find the Coyotes thread anymore so I'm putting this here.

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/news/2012/10/08/nhl-glendale-looking-to-kick-coyotes.html

Glendale is giving Jamison yet another 30 days to complete the deal that was supposed to be finished months ago. He's reportedly still looking for couches to check for change to get to the paltry $170 mil price tag.

Archived