What Uniform Do You Associate Certain Players With?

piratesfan16

Think about some of your favorite players in any sport and picture them. What uniform do they appear in? This goes for the team AND the uniform type(home/road/alternate). Any personal experience can affect your thoughts. For example:

Paul Konerko:

I always picture him in the White Sox home pinstripes hitting a home run.

konerko701.jpg

Willie Stargell:

The famous HR in game 7 of the 1979 WS involved Pops wearing the gold jersey, black pants. That's what stick out to me.

willie-stargell-05913221.jpg

Brady and Manning:

This picture represents it best. I always picture Brady in the Pats home uniform and Manning in the all-white road uni.

tom-brady-peyton-manning(ap).jpg

I always think of the road grays for the Yankees' Jeter and A-Rod, but for other players like Robinson Cano, Mark Texiera, Nick Swisher, and Jorge Posada, I picture them in the home pinstripes.

alex-rodriguez-derek-jeter.jpg

Manny Ramirez:

That baggy Red Sox road uniform with the red script during the 04' season.

manny_ramirez_pic_04.jpg

Most of these are just examples, not really favorite players. Let your individualism flow people. :-)

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gretzky_rangers.jpg

Because of the hoopla surrounding his last game. Gretzky Rangers blue jersey.

y-messier.jpg

This image in general.

367929896_afdd3db902.jpg

Even though he wore so many other styles of Caps jerseys, this the one for Kolzig.

bourque_sakic_ver_249.jpg

He managed to erase 20 years in a Bruins jersey in this moment.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Going off of that, Lemieux and Jagr played in three different jersey eras for the Pens:

Mario%20and%20Jagr.jpg

mariojagr1.jpg

30mar_jagr_jpg.jpg

Since I'm a mid 90's kid, I'm partial to this era since some of my fondest memories were of the Robo-Pen era.

mario-lemieux.jpg

Malkin and Crosby however are synonymous with the Vegas Gold era.

Crosby-and-Malkin1.jpg

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

gretzky_rangers.jpg

Because of the hoopla surrounding his last game. Gretzky Rangers blue jersey.

y-messier.jpg

This image in general.

367929896_afdd3db902.jpg

Even though he wore so many other styles of Caps jerseys, this the one for Kolzig.

bourque_sakic_ver_249.jpg

He managed to erase 20 years in a Bruins jersey in this moment.

^_^

CKIyBBd282WT9xh.jpg

zzPEfBm.png

Going off of that, Lemieux and Jagr played in three different jersey eras for the Pens:

Mario%20and%20Jagr.jpg

mariojagr1.jpg

30mar_jagr_jpg.jpg

Since I'm a mid 90's kid, I'm partial to this era since some of my fondest memories were of the Robo-Pen era.

mario-lemieux.jpg

Crosby-and-Malkin1.jpg

For Mario I picture him in the cup-era jerseys. For Jagr, I picture him in the Robo-Penguin jerseys.

Mario%20and%20Jagr.jpg

mariojagr1.jpg

30mar_jagr_jpg.jpg

mario-lemieux.jpg

Crosby-and-Malkin1.jpg

For Mario I picture him in the cup-era jerseys. For Jagr, I picture him in the Robo-Penguin jerseys.

I agree^ unfortunately sid and geno are stuck with the hideous cookie cutter jerseys, jagoff is synonymous with the robo-pen, and mario is synonymous with the glory days jerseys.

Archived