2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the kicker will be fined or suspended instead of given a penalty? Why have a rule if there is nothing to back it up. The NFL and their rules are so incredibly troubling.

Like your homerism.

Did you lose any money today?

Homerism? Cujo is a Jets fan.

That game was incredibly stressful and even more disapoitning for me. The Broncos' defense just couldn't make the important stops. The obvious one being the last second touchdown in the 4th quater, but if they stop the Ravens touchdown drive just before half that would have made a huge differenrce in the game. Just a lot of missed oppurtunites and being unable to put the Ravens down.

Also, boy, did Torrey Smith make Champ Bailey look old and slow.

Hence why I asked if he lost money. Did he take the under or take DEN and then gave up the points.

Exit: Vernon Davis

Enter: Michael Crabtree

That's basically the difference between the Alex Smith 49ers passing game, and the Colin Kaepernick 49ers passing game.

The difference is not the target, the difference is the QB willing to throw at his first option, unwilling to just checkdown on 75% of his passing attempts.

As a Pats fan, I'm rooting for 2OT.

Stop acting entitled -- or did you just forget there is a game tomorrow afternoon?

That was far from acting entitled. Every fan wants the best possible scenario for their team to reach the Super Bowl. If the Patriots win tomorrow, the game going into 2OT could potentially help them. If they lose, they're out anyway so what does it matter. It was pretty harmless what he said.

I would expect Texans fans to want to see a double OT as well...

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

That generalization makes it seem like Alex Smith was some total game managing QB incapable of helping the Niners win a game where they needed to keep scoring points.

First play INT aside, Kaepernick has played well tonight on a big stage. So did Alex Smith in his first playoff game, hanging with the explosive Saints offense all game to win at the tail end, engineering two drives in the last three minutes to win it.

There might be more explosion now in the 49ers offense. But it's not like Alex Smith totally neutered it down to some marginal unit. He didn't lead them to a 19-6 record by a total accident.

spacer.png

That game was incredibly stressful and even more disapoitning for me. The Broncos' defense just couldn't make the important stops. The obvious one being the last second touchdown in the 4th quater, but if they stop the Ravens touchdown drive just before half that would have made a huge differenrce in the game. Just a lot of missed oppurtunites and being unable to put the Ravens down.

That may very well be the worst loss in Bronco history.

I thought the Ravens win was 30% them playing well and 70% the Broncos crapping the bed. To give up a deep ball in that spot is simply inexcusable.

People can say what they want about Manning, but no question Rahim Moore was the goat in that game.

That may very well be the worst loss in Bronco history.

I thought the Ravens win was 30% them playing well and 70% the Broncos crapping the bed. To give up a deep ball in that spot is simply inexcusable.

People can say what they want about Manning, but no question Rahim Moore was the goat in that game.

The whole defense was the goat in my opinion. The secondary look out of sorts and confused the whole game, especially Rahim Moore and Champ Bailey. Plus Elvis and Von were nonexistent, I think their names were each called once in the game. Big credit to the Ravens o-line for taking them out of the game.

And all the penalties were dumb ones, there's no reason you should have a drive where the defense has 4 offsides penalties on their home field.

When Peyton Manning gives the defense 35 points, there is no reason they should lose.

jNTsTyQ.png

Kapernick is only doing to Green Bay what Adrian Peterson did to the Packers D two weeks ago.

I'm still not buying that he is better than Alex Smith unless he can get them into the Super Bowl, which Smith nearly did last year. Then we'll see.

6uXNWAo.png

Like I said, when your quarterback choices are Smith and Kaepernick, you're screwed.

From what I've seen, there is not a damn thing special about Colon Kapernick. The Niners win if Smith is playing today. I have a feeling Harbs is going to regret demoting Alex Smith in the end.

Yeah today's performance shows how overrated Kaepernick is

Kapernick is only doing to Green Bay what Adrian Peterson did to the Packers D two weeks ago.

I'm still not buying that he is better than Alex Smith unless he can get them into the Super Bowl, which Smith nearly did last year. Then we'll see.

Given the choice, I would have much rather faced Smith tonight. There's not much chance of Alex Smith shredding the Packers for 150+ yards on the ground. Kapernick was the clear difference in this game. The Packers couldn't stop him.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived