2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the last couple games represent how good they are when they're cheating, Charger fans are in for a long season.

Not only did I make it through the Ryan Leaf era and the 1-15 season but I'm also a Toronto Maple Leafs fan. I'm ready for the worst.

Now if they somehow managed to win the Super Bowl...then I'll be at a loss for how to feel :D

Predicting the final standings:

AFC East

New England (11-5), N.Y. Jets (9-7), Miami (8-8), Buffalo (8-8)

AFC North

Baltimore (11-5), Pittsburgh (9-7), Cincinnati (7-9), Cleveland (2-14)

AFC South

Houston (12-4), Indianapolis (7-9), Tennessee (6-10), Jacksonville (2-14)

AFC West

Denver (11-5), San Diego (10-6), Oakland (5-11), Kansas City (4-12)

NFC East

Dallas (10-6), N.Y. Giants (10-6), Washington (8-8), Philadelphia (8-8)

NFC North

Chicago (11-5), Green Bay (10-6), Detroit (9-7), Minnesota (8-8)

NFC South

Atlanta (12-4), New Orleans (8-8), Tampa Bay (6-10), Carolina (3-13)

NFC West

San Francisco (11-5), Seattle (9-7), Arizona (7-9), St. Louis (5-11)

AFC Playoff Seeding:

1. Houston

2. New England

3. Baltimore

4. Denver

5. San Diego

6. N.Y. Jets (Somehow, someway they make the playoffs)

NFC Playoff Seeding:

1. Atlanta

2. San Francisco

3. Chicago

4. Dallas (Call me crazy but I have a weird feeling about them)

5. N.Y. Giants

6. Green Bay

Interesting standings. This seems to be a late post, but why provide your predictions now that we're several weeks into the season?

If the last couple games represent how good they are when they're cheating, Charger fans are in for a long season.

:D

My brother (Broncos fan) and I (Broncos are my #2 team behind the Panthers) missed out as we considered going to this game. However, my busy school schedule and lack of funds made it impossible at this time.

/tangent

Am I the only one that's getting a vibe from Cam Newton where he's starting to throw the team under the bus? That said, Hurney needed to go.

Suh may have just taken a sledgehammer to the Bears hopes for this season. He put a lick on Cutler that was pretty brutal.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

...and he's fine. He's on the sideline.

edit: and now he's back in the locker room inexplicably.

edit 2: evaluating him for a ribs injury. Or he just wanted some BBQ ribs.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Carolina fires GM Marty Hurney, only about 6 years too late. <_<

You see that. Jags? Now fire Gene Smith!! Worst NFL GM ever.....not named Millen. Fire Mularkey while you are at it.

That mantle belongs to Jerry Jones. He is single-handedly the reason why the Cowboys have been the definition of mediocre since '98.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Since the Cutler injury the Bears haven't had any energy. That fumble at the .5 yard line was an embarrassment for the Lions. Should be 13-7.

twitter

Carolina fires GM Marty Hurney, only about 6 years too late. <_<

You see that. Jags? Now fire Gene Smith!! Worst NFL GM ever.....not named Millen. Fire Mularkey while you are at it.

That mantle belongs to Jerry Jones. He is single-handedly the reason why the Cowboys have been the definition of mediocre since '98.

Never mind those two, it's pretty clear who the worst GM ever is.

tumblr_m2ibw9Cfd41qeplb4o1_1280.jpg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Skins fans rejoice: since Fred Davis is out for the year, guess who we gave a call to this morning for physical evaluations? Three words: COOLEY IS BACK!!!

And why in the heck isn't the combo of Jim Haslett or Hall/Wilson fired yet??????? Last game was the last straw. Secondary just absolutely dismal.

GrizzlyBlack Designs, UDC Firebird

Detroit is absolutely shooting themselves in the foot this season.

FTFY.

I don't know what it is, but this team has been infuriating to watch this year. The special teams have been absolutely dreadful this year, and have effectively cost us both the Minnesota game and Tennessee game. The offense has basically been nonexistent until the last 10 minutes of the game, in which we look invincible. Was last year an outlier, or is this team just not as good as it was built up to be? Are the coaches THAT bad? Have they effectively lost everyone in the locker room? I feel like Schwartz got this team out of the pits, but he's not ready to lead.

All I know is this: this team is pissing away a lot of talent, and there's really no reason to be doing so. Decent game tonight, kudos to Chicago.

Archived