Northwestern "Reclaims The Stripe" with their new 2012 Uniforms

Wow, Under Armour actually came up with a new idea that actually looks good.

It's actually a very old idea, but I'm very glad they brought it back. I've been clamoring for this for years.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a long time NU fan, these are growing on me. Still not sold on them yet, but there is potential (things that need to be fixed: NO TRAMP STAMP!, stripe all the way around jersey, only purple pants on the road, no purple pants with the purple jersey...).

But KUDOS to UA for finally getting compression sleeve stripes to connect at the seam! Because this:

Ryan+Katz+Oregon+v+Oregon+State+w3L5wqJRZFix.jpg

Looks goddamn ridiculous. How hard could it possibly be to have stripes line up?

They've been using that font for at least a couple of years now, particularly on the "Chicago's Big Ten team" ads/billboards. It might have made an appearance on the basketball baseline starting last year, too. I was going to say the end zones, too, but I'm not sure about that. They lost the script Wilcats, but I believe they went to a basic sans-serif.

I know it's really hard to decipher in a promo picture, but is that a pearl finish on the helmet?

feature.jpg

Not sure about the stripe through the body of the jersey but love the use of it on the undershirt. Would love to see a throwback done like this using the full sleeves that were common in the 40s-50s (?).

4627562606_eddf61aae3_o.jpg

Naw, he's right here:

In all seriousness, Northwestern's mascot is about as intimidating as Nyan Cat.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Whatever happened to the N-Cat? Doesn't he get to be on there or anywhere?

HE GONE! [/HawkVoice]

Kind of a shame. The N-cat was a big part of the 1995 unis. You'd think they'd keep it around somehow.

Also, would love to see a black alternate with white-purple-white striping.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Kind of a shame. The N-cat was a big part of the 1995 unis. You'd think they'd keep it around somehow.

He'll probably be on official gear, just not the unis. And I'd expect to see a black alt at some point.

He'll probably be on official gear, just not the unis. And I'd expect to see a black alt at some point.

Here's a question, what color will the stripe be on the black alt? Purple or white? I'd assume purple, but wouldn't the dark on dark violate the laws of design?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Here's a question, what color will the stripe be on the black alt? Purple or white? I'd assume purple, but wouldn't the dark on dark violate the laws of design?

I assumed the home uni would go back to black after seeing this in an early promo vid:

underarmourteaser1.jpg

Archived