Northwestern "Reclaims The Stripe" with their new 2012 Uniforms

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stripes on the compression sleeves.

What a great idea. ;)

Indeed. Now comes the real question... what do the replica versions look like? Do they have longer sleeves with stripes, shorter sleeves with no stripes (compression sleeves sold seperately, maybe?) or do they somehow try to fake the two sleeve look on one garmet?

IF they can pull off the replica question, and IF 100% of the players wear the sleeves on field, then I'm all in on this idea.

Stripes on the compression sleeves.

What a great idea. ;)

Indeed. Now comes the real question... what do the replica versions look like? Do they have longer sleeves with stripes, shorter sleeves with no stripes (compression sleeves sold seperately, maybe?) or do they somehow try to fake the two sleeve look on one garmet?

IF they can pull off the replica question, and IF 100% of the players wear the sleeves on field, then I'm all in on this idea.

For the replica question, I think having normal sized sleeves with the stripes printed on are the best option. Just make it look the same as all the other replicas. And I really hope the while team wears the sleeves. It will be a great answer to the shrinking sleeve problem if they can but will look pretty bad if they don't.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I was just thinking that they need to do something like this, and I thought, "what if they put the stripe across the bottom of the jersey? Nah, that'd be too much like a hockey jersey" so they put it across the middle. i know it's not a first with those old Giants jerseys, but is this a first for the modern era? A trend that should continue?

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Posted this in the other thread...

I almost hate to give UA or NU credit, but they did a good job on the Northwestern unis. I kinda really like them. Unfortunately, most players won't actually wear those compression sleeves, so the nice idea of throwing back to longer sleeves with real stripes will get lost. But it looks nice on paper, and the center stripe is a cool idea that's unique to football (at this time).

If anyone should wear Northwestern stripes, it's Northwestern. I like them and if they stick with it long enough (I doubt they will) this could become their defining look like Michigan's winged helmet.

The only part I don't like, is that it says Northwestern above the numbers. The Northwestern stripes should be identifying enough that you don't have to spell out who's wearing the jersey.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Do I like the idea? Yep.

Do I hate that these compression sleeves are becoming fashionably mandatory? Oh yes.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

How to improve this look:

1. Make the stripe go all the way around the jersey.

2. Add vague striping to the pants and the helmet.

3. Update the logo.

My thoughts as well...like the look but wish the stripe went all the way around.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Meh.

I like Northwestern Stripes, but these look like rugby sweaters. Pfft.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Wow, Under Armour actually came up with a new idea that actually looks good. I'm pleasantly amazed, this is an awesome look. Like AJM & nuodr, my only complaint is that the chest stripe doesn't go all the way around, but other than that...I like it. Hopefully the players are encouraged to wear the undershirts as much as possible, because this has the potential to be a real game-changer when it comes to football uniform design. I love this.

Archived