Virginia Tech Releases New White Helmet

Bad. I wish I could give a more thorough analysis and detailed justification, but that helmet sucks. Some random chicken feet or whatever the hell that is on a white helmet? Just awful.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Something I would expect to see on a high school helmet...not a good look for VT.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

I must be the only person who likes it... as I said in the other thread, it reminds me of the more whimsical and abstract logos from the 60s and 70s, and I think that's something that's largely missing from sports design nowadays (to its detriment).

The actual tracks and helmet (I don't like white helmets and a white face mask together, the FM should be maroon) are pretty awful TBH, but for some reason I absolutely love that there are two separate decals on each side. I can't think of another helmet like that and because of that I really enjoy these helmets and look forward to seeing them.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

I must be the only person who likes it... as I said in the other thread, it reminds me of the more whimsical and abstract logos from the 60s and 70s, and I think that's something that's largely missing from sports design nowadays (to its detriment).

I agree 100%. Something about that era was great. a mash up of mid century modern design and, like you said, whimsy.

I actually completely agree with you. I like the abstract thinking that went into it. If it's used sparingly, I think it fits in fine with their other uniform elements.

gYH2mW9.png

Archived