Teams that never had a bad look

kajeet

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WTF San An?! Why?!

Also in relation to the topic, I'll say the USFL Breakers (in Boston, New Orleans, and Portland) and the NBA Grizzlies (both in Vancouver and Memphis).

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Well, I did kind of exaggerate there. As much as I dislike the Edge template, I did like the prototype Leafs Edge sweaters that were leaked to CBC.

cbcmapleleafs.jpg

Modern, but still very traditional and classy. The bland uniform that the Leafs ended up using in the Edge 1.0 era was really disappointing by comparison.

That could not be less traditional.

im not a hockey guy at all, but i dont think that uniform is all that bad

We'll have to agree to disagree. In my opinion, the Cooperalls render the uniform an aesthetic abomination.

is it because it looks like Adidas? or because theres so much white across the bottom of the jersey? i just cant find a reason to really hate it from these photos

He's referring to the long pants.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I thought of a few more: LA Kings, Seattle Mariners, and the Phillies.

Even if it lasted only one season, this still counts as a Kings look and it is still bad.

Kings21.png

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

On 9/20/2012 at 3:17 PM, nuordr said:

Red Sox Uniform History

Out of every team in all of sports that have been around for at least 50 years, the Red Sox are the only team that has looked great throughout their history in my humble opinion.

The way they spit in the face of tradition in the 1970s with pullovers, waist bands, and red caps takes them off the list for me. The Tigers (only roads) and the Cubs (home, but especially roads) blew it then (and into the 80s) too.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

BostonRedSox_PJD_2009.gif

Red Sox Uniform History

Out of every team in all of sports that have been around for at least 50 years, the Red Sox are the only team that has looked great throughout their history in my humble opinion.

The way they spit in the face of tradition in the 1970s with pullovers, waist bands, and red caps takes them off the list for me. The Tigers (only roads) and the Cubs (home, but especially roads) blew it then (and into the 80s) too.

yankees and the dodgers are the only two to never go pullover...correct?

On 9/20/2012 at 5:10 PM, guest23 said:
On 9/20/2012 at 4:29 PM, OnWis97 said:
On 9/20/2012 at 3:17 PM, nuordr said:

Red Sox Uniform History

yankees and the dodgers are the only two to never go pullover...correct?

Actually, what about the expos/nationals? Now certainly the Expos went quite non-traditional, but I wanna say they never went pullover. Could be wrong though.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

BostonRedSox_PJD_2009.gif

Red Sox Uniform History

I would would say the uniform with the red sock on it with Boston written inside it is a really REALLY stupid look.

Untitled.png

jim_robinson_1976_12_12.jpg

I don't dig the St.Louis Rams 2000-current look at all.

stevenjackson.jpg

There is a difference between orange juice orange and peach orange,

ThrowbackPlayers.jpgselmon.png

Notice the difference between the "new" orange and the old orange?

i notice those are 2 photos decades apart. i know the guy who was responsible for recreating the orange took it very seriously and comparing 2 official jerseys together, it came out very good. a lot closer than these photos would suggest

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

jim_robinson_1976_12_12.jpg

I don't dig the St.Louis Rams 2000-current look at all.

stevenjackson.jpg

There is a difference between orange juice orange and peach orange,

ThrowbackPlayers.jpgselmon.png

Notice the difference between the "new" orange and the old orange?

i notice those are 2 photos decades apart. i know the guy who was responsible for recreating the orange took it very seriously and comparing 2 official jerseys together, it came out very good. a lot closer than these photos would suggest

Mainly because the throwback is supposed to be of their original 1976 orange shade that was too light for the numbers to show up on 1976-era TV or to be visible from certain old stadium press boxes. The original orange jerseys were only worn for one preseason game; they wore white (with light orange numbers) for the rest of the 1976 season. Tampa Bay darkend the orange and changed to red numbers on the white jerseys for 1977.

Archived