Los Angeles Jaguars-First Alternate Logo pg 5

mcrosby

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. This is amazing. I love the evolution of the current Jags head logo into the Aztec warrior. I love the colors coming from the Los Angeles city flag. I love the letterhead font. I love the feather stripes on the arms and pants. I think the only thing I might add is a gap outline border around the numbers. But otherwise this put half the League's uniform sets to shame.

I would agree that an alternate green jersey would work, but I would put in a pair of white pants in the set if you did.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Well, here's an alternate. Monochrome, and fitting with the Mizzou style helmet. This one is going to get some flak, but I like it, and think it is something Nike would put on the field.

Picture5-7.png

Thanks for the comments everyone. I think I'm going to start work on an alternate logo. I have some ideas, options are:

Spear

Paw/fist

Macuahuitl 'sword'

Shield

Wow! Best look in the NFL by far. Adding expansion teams or relocating teams would really allow Bike to create some cool identities. Only thing I don't like on this page (the updated jerseys, red jerseys, field, and alternate uniform-which is soooo cool) is the endzones on the field. It looks too crowded. I would get rid of Los Angeles

Couple of qualms with the final presentation, if I may be so bold:

1) The midfield logo needs to be scaled back by about 15%-20%. Extending 20 yards plus overlapping the hashmarks is a tad much.

2) I'm not sold on the alternate uniform. I like the teal/yellow, but it's devoid of red. That pop of red separates it and makes it unique. Of all monochromes, I'd have tested out an all-red. A set with a distinctly-Mexican vibe can pull that off.

This set is one of the few that I've seen in nearly ten years on these boards that makes me think "Hell, why didn't I think of that". Well done so far, sir. It's almost there.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Yeah, the monochrome leaves something to be desired, and I'm not being anti-monochrome, nor is it the design itself.

Vicfurth is right, it needs red. I dare say swap gold for red, but I think even that would be missing something. Maybe just red highlights would be enough. I know that's deviating from what you intended, but with the home and road looking so awesome, you have to have a third that is also at that level, and this isn't it.

I also think you need more pants options, definitely a white (which is what I'd pair the alternate with, and definitely make it an option for the red homes...maybe even make white pants the norm for at home, I think it would pop even more), toy with the idea of a red, or try gold pants with the alt, but idk if that would work well. Just spitballing.

but seriously, more red in the alt, and white pants. That's my two cents.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Quick update to the wordmark...not sure how I feel about it.

Picture37-2.png

I don't hate the wordmark but it reminds me of something out of the 70's. I see similar fonts on a lot of businesses here in the San Diego area and they always make me feel like I'm in an episode of three's company.

It also reminds me of this font...

El_Torito-logo-E3322AEFA8-seeklogo.com.gif

So I guess it makes sense for a team that is forming identity from Aztecs.

Macuahuitl 'sword!!!!! woot my first post!!!!!!! Finally!!!!!!!

For the word mark i agree with flipping them with LA on the top, the head is perfect, even tho i am a Ducks fan the Green Alt uniform has too much yellow maybe try red feathers and spots. thank you for you hard work!

TIMBERS, DUCKS, TRAIL BLAZERS, 49ers, SF GIANTS, BC LIONS, LIVERPOOL, AFL, SARACENS, HARLEQUINS LOTUS, Essendon...etc.

Archived