2013 MLB Logo and Uniform Changes

TheOldRoman

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RE: the outlines. Yes, they look terrible. From the up close images, it looks like New Era is doing what Adidas does with the numbers on NBA jerseys. The logos are cut out of the same material as the cap and sewn on. Just like Adidas's numbers, this will undoubtedly save .003 ounces and have no impact on performance; they did the logos like this just to say they could. Even with the mesh logos, that doesn't explain why they had to put the giant border around them. I guess they figure it draws attention to the material.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

IDK if this was posted anywhere in this thread, but this has got to be my favorite Spring Training logo..

springtraining2013.jpg

You can't get any more Baseball-sy and Hot weather-sy than this. Beautiful. And the Glasses and the cursive yellow font gives it a vintage vibe as well.

The Rays should base a new look on this logo and color scheme.

87Redskins.png

That just looks wrong. I know it's done out of necessity (there's no lower-case D in the lettering kit), but I'd rather they have used a capital D and kludge his name a little than be lazy like that.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

More Pirates: they are changing the logo next year

http://triblive.com/...s#axzz2KSC5TnkE

hats and jerseys will stay the same (although I guess the new logo will be the sleeve patch)

Finally. And good to know they'll be taking fans' opinions into account. There seems to be a general consensus among Pirate fans based on memorabilia I see worn around that leads me to believe this could end well.

oBIgzrL.png

That just looks wrong. I know it's done out of necessity (there's no lower-case D in the lettering kit), but I'd rather they have used a capital D and kludge his name a little than be lazy like that.

If he sticks around b/c he's good enough they'll add one to it I'm sure.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Why is it important for that d to be lower-case?

umm because it's how you spell his name...

worth noting that the pirates do the same with his brother's jersey as well.

sig2024.png

Archived