Lights Out's NCAA Football

Lights Out

I've been struck with the college football concept bug lately, so here goes...

LSU

y9ex9.png

l9Fml.png

KaVHO.png

Lots of inspiration taken from their ProCombats (color scheme, sublimated tiger stripes). Every striping pattern and wordmark is now unified, the Geaux font is finally used for the numbers, and the tiger logo on the helmet is an actual tiger instead of a vague blob.

Oregon State

x9xMm.png

fGj0X.png

U4VZk.png

r05V0.png

While finding stuff for the concept, I came across Oregon State's academic logo, and it's so badass that I had to use it on the helmets. Everything here is mix-and-match, like the Ducks, but unlike Oregon, I wanted to emphasize a more classic look. Simple rounded striping and a beaver tail pattern make it pop.

I like the idea you have here for LSU. Using the "Geaux" font on the helmet is a definite upgrade. The newer tiger logo is fine. I'm just not sure I could get used to the old gold versus their canary they use now. It just looks to Washington-like for me. But it's still a great concept. I would also suggest trying the numerals without the outlines.

I like the Oregon State unis and that logo. But I think a different font make look better. The rounded font and wordmark they currently use just clash badly with the pointy "OSU" logo you used.

gYH2mW9.png

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UNC is really good. One of the best packages you've ever put together. I like the emphasis on gold and white for Georgia Tech (their true colors), but I don't know if the honeycomb is executed properly. The rest are a collection of some promising ideas and some creative throwaways, but none of it is really finished quite right. Always fun seeing your imagination at work, though.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Add a white helmet to the Duke set and it would be perfect. VT on the other hand, not so much. I understand that it is a re-hash, but no matter how many times you shine a turd, at the end of the day it is still a turd.

spacer.png

The pants stripe ruins the VT uniform. I actually like the jersey and helmets, but the pants stripe reminds me too much of the old Mizzou template. The problem with this concept is that if they don't go monochrome, it's going to look very disjointed. You could probably get away with a maroon jersey with orange pants, because the piping is white on both of them. But if you pair any color jersey with the white pants, or colored pants with the white jersey, it's going to look strange. I'm not entirely sure how to fix this, but you're going to need a redo on the pants.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Sorry, but that Va Tech one does not work at all. All you've done is thrown out a great solid look and replaced it with a rehashed less-than-stellar "modern" look.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The inclusion of black on ISU's uniform is actually an upgrade because it separates them from Southern California (USC).

That's one of the reasons I went with black. The other reason is that the original Davis-era uniforms (as well as the Seneca Wallace set) used a dark royal blue color in the striping and logos, which always reminded me of Kansas.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Sorry, but that Va Tech one does not work at all. All you've done is thrown out a great solid look and replaced it with a rehashed less-than-stellar "modern" look.

I know I'm biased since it's my concept and all, but I must quibble with the idea that VT has a great solid look. Currently they're juggling a million different helmets, two completely different Virginia Tech monograms, and trying to do an Oregon-esque mix-and-match thing with bland classic uniforms. They look like a slapdash mess.

I brought back the previous uniform set for my concepr because I liked it the best, but I wouldn't be opposed to the return of either the Druckenmiller/Mike Vick uniforms or the Marcus Vick uniforms.

xLmjWVv.png

I like what you've done with Iowa State. But I'm 100% against black or any blue color. Reasons being, one black is the main color of our in state rival Iowa. Which won't go over well with the Cyclone fan base. For blue, it just isn't a school color, and never should be. ever. Plain and simple.

But I do like the design. I still like what Iowa State has now, and personally think if someone can modernize the old 3 stripe design or bring more life to it and get a way from the overall USC look that'd be great.

Senior Creative at Sporting Kansas City. Follow me on Twitter: @NateTheDesigner 

Iowa

anyjq.png

cKklT.png

q8taN.png

Basically a mix of their Tim Dwight-era and Apex-era uniforms.

Baylor

rnqC1.png

U0BKy.png

g23L1.png

TuBxm.png

Firstly, in an effort to restore coherence to Baylor's overall aesthetics, they're an Adidas school now that uses green and athletic gold like nearly all their other sports. I also used a simple piping pattern similar to what their men's basketball team uses, and updated their BU monogram to match their custom font.

xLmjWVv.png

I'm not sure about the shape of the stripes. It just looks weird how they end on the sleeves.

Otherwise, that looks excellent.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived