Player's name goes agianst the team name...

Stampman

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best one of all time was when Wheaton King played for the Brandon Wheat Kings of the WHL.

It's not against, but it goes with the team name.

wheaton-king.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

How 'bout when Randy Winn played for the Tampa Bay Devil Rays.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Nebraska just signed a guy named Hawkeye McSooner.

His cousin, Razor Wartiger is playing for Alabama.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

The best one of all time was when Wheaton King played for the Brandon Wheat Kings of the WHL.

It's not against, but it goes with the team name.

wheaton-king.jpg

His parents definitely did that on purpose.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Ryan Hamilton is the captain of the Toronto Marlies, whose biggest rivals are the Hamilton Bulldogs.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

How 'bout when Randy Winn played for the Tampa Bay Devil Rays.

There was once an NFL coach for the St. Louis Cardinals and Jets named Charlie Winner. He was 44-44-5...not exactly his namesake.

A stretch that DOES work: The Mets once had YORKis Perez and Mike York once played for the Rangers.

Finally, it's a shame Miroslav Satan was never an outfielder for the Angels...or just played for the Devils for that matter.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Goes against the point of the thread title—but then so have so many other posts up in here so I'll use that as my excuse to post this coincidental what if...

What if...the Pittsburgh Steelers had drafted not Ben Roethlisberger, but Phillip Rivers instead? I was hoping they would just for that coincidence alone.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Goes against the point of the thread title—but then so have so many other posts up in here so I'll use that as my excuse to post this coincidental what if...

What if...the Pittsburgh Steelers had drafted not Ben Roethlisberger, but Phillip Rivers instead? I was hoping they would just for that coincidence alone.

Would he wear number 3 on his uniform?

CK3ZP8E.jpg

Archived