Player's name goes agianst the team name...

Stampman

Kinda similar:

Roy Williams (safety) played for Oklahoma while Roy Williams (wide receiver) played for Texas.

Both of them played for the Dallas Cowboys during their careers - and were both on the 2008 team.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Former Tampa Bay Lightning, current Toronto Marlies (AHL), defenseman Paul Ranger.

That's what I was looking for...

Thanks for playing--and thanks to the others.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Why the Ducks?

Former Tampa Bay Lightning, current Toronto Marlies (AHL), defenseman Paul Ranger.

There's like 10 posts that also have conflicting names... Why is his the only good one?

I don't know if this count, after all, it was on my copy of NHL 11, but it was a little funny that Montreal Canadiens signed a game-generated rookie that was from the Saginaw Spirit named Dave Holland.

...Totally forgot I had an account.

Why the Ducks?

There's like 10 posts that also have conflicting names... Why is his the only good one?

It isn't--I commented on others and used up my daily likes liking others.

The ones that conflict--I like them all.

I also like some of the ones that fit.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I looked up to see whether Brad Badger would have played against Wisconsin and he was at Stanford when they hosted Wisconsin in 1995.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• 5 months later...

Not so much a player's name going against that of his team, but rather its actions...

Australia had a goalkeeper in the late 1940s-early 1950s who went by the name of Norman Conquest. He played for his country against an English FA XI but unlike in 1066 England didn't fall to the Norman Conquest – the Aussies were thrashed 17-0.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure where he plays now but the phillies had a relief pitcher of the last name Balfour. He did better than his name suggested

Grant Balfour is currently the A's closer.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

Archived