New Orleans Hornets Will Rebrand as Pelicans in Time for 2013-2014 NBA Season

Island_Style

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the dictionary definition of bland.

You take the great color scheme that you had with the Hornets and turned it into this garbage. Who outside of New Orleans is actually going to buy these jerseys?

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

This is the dictionary definition of bland.

You take the great color scheme that you had with the Hornets and turned it into this garbage. Who outside of New Orleans is actually going to buy these jerseys?

Who outside of New Orleans was buying their Hornets jerseys? Buying jerseys comes down to winning (for the most part, but not always). If the Pelicans become a winning team and gain popularity, their jerseys will sell. I'm sure the Celtics do just fine in sales and there isn't anything fancy about their uniforms. Theirs are about as basic as it comes.

My thoughts, in a nutshell...

- Wordmarks are way too small.

- Collar shape looks odd.

- Side panels are okay.

- At least they are not the Hornets anymore, and have their own NOLA-based identity.

True, but it's an identity of blandness.

IMHO.

Random thought, would the Pelicans have been better off using black instead of navy blue? You'd have a connection with the Saints, yet it'd be a unique color scheme because of red as an accent color. And as overdone as black is, is it used more than navy blue in the nba?

Just spitballin here

Black would've been a pretty cool idea. But then we would have to sit through 20+ pages of people typing that annoying "black for black s***" label.

Random thought, would the Pelicans have been better off using black instead of navy blue? You'd have a connection with the Saints, yet it'd be a unique color scheme because of red as an accent color. And as overdone as black is, is it used more than navy blue in the nba?

Just spitballin here

I think you're right.

And to add to that, use the freaking name PELICANS on the road jerseys.

SMH

Just spitballin here

I heard that was the original plan, but the NBA nixed it. A shame.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Just spitballin here

I think you're right.

And to add to that, use the freaking name PELICANS on the road jerseys.

SMH

I just think they'd look like the knockoff Saints then. And you put the team on on the home and the city name on the road. Unless you're the Kings, but they made the wordmarks the wrong color on both jerseys, so I wouldn't be copying them.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

The wordmarks being so small wasn't by choice, it has to do with the rev30 and the font used. Same goes for the Grizzlies jerseys. Look at how much smaller Grizzlies is on the rev30 jerseys vs the old uniforms.

This is no excuse. The designer should be aware of the uniform limitations. It's not a one-off charity uniform that you can't spend too much time on. These jerseys are going to represent the franchise for at least the next couple of years and the authentics will be sold for nearly 300$. As many people ponited out already, they should have used the elongated letters.

I quite like the teeny tiny wordmark, there is something quite old school about it. I'd prefer a different color scheme, if only because it would make them more easily identifiable, but overall I quite like these.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived