Fleur de P(elican)

Firefly

I love that Fleur de Bee and would hate to see it go in order to give Charlotte their "rightful identity" (Charlotte was described by the Brits as fighting like hornets during the American Revolution). So adapting a pelican into a fleur-de-lis has bugged me since the rumors began. Here's a rough stab at that in Mardi Gras colors.

NO-Pelicans_zpsc738d092.png

I'll take any notes for improvement but it'll probably be a bit before I can get around to them. Thanks for your time.

Great start. I'd lengthen the neck--it would both make it truer to how a pelican is built and will make it look more like a fleur-de-lis.

I agree. Lengthen the neck a little and you're set. I think the pelican fits the idea better than the hornet does, much more elegant and flowing, if you will.

I love that Fleur de Bee and would hate to see it go in order to give Charlotte their "rightful identity" (Charlotte was described by the Brits as fighting like hornets during the American Revolution). So adapting a pelican into a fleur-de-lis has bugged me since the rumors began. Here's a rough stab at that in Mardi Gras colors.

NO-Pelicans_zpsc738d092.png

I'll take any notes for improvement but it'll probably be a bit before I can get around to them. Thanks for your time.

PERFECT!

You hit it on the first try.

BTW, am I the only one who thinks it should be the LOUISIANA Pelicans, instead?

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Once I saw the sleeping baby pelican, I couldn't unsee it. Tinkered. Added eye. Changed the feet so that it fits more of a standard Fleur-de-lis footprint.Tried out rumored colors which I gotta admit looks far better than I thought it would.

NO-Pelicans-II_zps1604b18e.png

Are you implying that I'm a sexually frustrated Texan? Ha.

I like what McCrosby did with his tail feathers and feet. Looks like my solution has too many kinks (kinky kinks apparently).

The key, apparently, is to spread them legs.

This just keeps getting weirder.

Also, just mcrosby, not McCrosby. Think M. Crosby, as in my name is Mark, because it is. Hi I'm Mark.

Archived