2013 NFL Off-Season Thread

Island_Style

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brady fined only 10K for his sliding kick on Ed Reed.

Brady fined only 10K for his sliding kick on Ed Reed.

Im shocked he got any fine at all, I am not sure it was on purpose and I hate Brady, to me it was Brady not being used to running and sliding.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I think it was in purpose, I mean it's hard to say anyone going spikes didn't. But I could see Brady, who is one of the slowest guys in the league, just not knowing how to slide properly and screw it up. I don't think $10K for someone with little to no history in over a decade is outrageously inappropriate.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Super Bowl XLVIII media day is coming to Newark

http://www.nj.com/super-bowl/index.ssf/2013/01/gov_christie_nfl_announce_super_bowl_events_to_be_held_in_new_jersey.html#incart_river_default

I have to get in. They let all these crazy bloggers in. I want to cover it for the Sports E-Cyclopedia

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

and Frank Gore was fined more for his socks. Socks!

Yup it's ridiculous.

$10,500 fine

NFC_ChampionshipGore.jpg

$10,000 fine

Tom_Brady_Slide_Ed_Reed_Bernard_Pollard_Bull_Crap.jpg

I'm fine with this. Are you kidding me? For the folks on this site, NOTHING is more important than uniform violations. :D Hell, I would've fined Chris Hovan millions for showing so much sideboob.

Super Bowl XLVIII media day is coming to Newark

http://www.nj.com/su...t_river_default

I have to get in. They let all these crazy bloggers in. I want to cover it for the Sports E-Cyclopedia

I'm going to skip on going to the game itself (I'm already going to be dropping quite a bit for the MLB All-Star Game I think through Stubhub this summer) but the events throughout the area surrounding the Super Bowl look like quite a bit of fun to go to

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

The Saints fired Spagnuolo because they want to switch to 3-4

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Kumbayah your way out of this one Steve.

Oh, and Rob Ryan is officially a Ram. Adios Cerberus Kinght! Your play calls were confusing.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

With the Jets apparently shopping Revis, I wonder what + Titus Young it would take to bring him to Detroit. A shutdown corner is exactly what the Lions need (among other things, obviously).

Lions are $3 million over the salary cap as it is and Titus Young has little cap value. Taking on Revis gives the Jets a $12M cap hit and the Lions even more money to have to cut to get under the cap. Plus, while the DET back-7 is poor overall, addressing the LBs is more of a concern than one DB.

Oh, and Rob Ryan is officially a Ram. Adios Cerberus Kinght! Your play calls were confusing.

Glad you're not bitter...

Spags is a good guy. His scheme didn't fit the Saints' personnel very well and it was tough to follow Gregg Williams, who for all his faults was popular among the players. They felt Williams trusted them and turned them loose and they seemed to feel constrained by Spagnuolo's system.

In any case, fair or not because of the Bountygate circumstances, the Saints are going to a 3-4 and decided to make the change. Here's to Dome Patrol II!

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Glad you're not bitter...

Spags is a good guy. His scheme didn't fit the Saints' personnel very well and it was tough to follow Gregg Williams, who for all his faults was popular among the players. They felt Williams trusted them and turned them loose and they seemed to feel constrained by Spagnuolo's system.

In any case, fair or not because of the Bountygate circumstances, the Saints are going to a 3-4 and decided to make the change. Here's to Dome Patrol II!

Would the Saints bring back Gregg Williams

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

With the Jets apparently shopping Revis, I wonder what + Titus Young it would take to bring him to Detroit. A shutdown corner is exactly what the Lions need (among other things, obviously).

Lions are $3 million over the salary cap as it is and Titus Young has little cap value. Taking on Revis gives the Jets a $12M cap hit and the Lions even more money to have to cut to get under the cap. Plus, while the DET back-7 is poor overall, addressing the LBs is more of a concern than one DB.

Yeah, Titus Young... sure. "Hey, Jets... you don't have nearly enough drama... give us one of the best players in the league, and we'll give you this steaming pile of cancer who intentionally sabotaged plays for us."

That'll happen.

Archived