2013 NFL Off-Season Thread

Island_Style

But it was never Denver's offense that failed them in the playoffs it was the DEFENSE, this don't help the get over that glaring weakness IMO

Their defense was great this season. The fact that they tried to play Torrey Smith with an aging CB with no help over the top was a little ridiculous. Aside from that, they were one huge miscue away from winning that game -- and really, aside from that game, Champ was one of the better CB's in football last year. Their offense was pretty lackluster later in that game and in overtime -- although I blame that on the fact that they ran the ball entirely too much in obvious running downs, including two overtime drives in which they had three straight runs, if I remember correctly.

IUe6Hvh.png

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4740902/schefter-amendola-agrees-with-patriots?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Pats agree in principle to a five-year deal with Danny Amendola - for about the same per-year Welker got. If he stays healthy I have no problem with this.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

http://espn.go.com/b..._medium=twitter

Pats agree in principle to a five-year deal with Danny Amendola - for about the same per-year Welker got. If he stays healthy I have no problem with this.

That is the major issue, hence the reported gaurantee of just $10M.

Last season, the Patriots ran the second most plays from scrimmage (1,991) than any team in the NFL history. Only the 1994 Patriots ran more plays from scrimmage.

As brittle as he seems to be, there are an additional 8-10 snaps/game in which he is going to expose himself to injury.

Cliff Avril to Seahawks. This addresses their biggest need, the pass rush. Their team is now complete and as good as any in the league.

They needed a guy like him bad after the serious injury to Clemons against the Skins.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Ya hopefully Clem is back for the start of the year but now he doesn't have to rush back. I'm worried about the term but if he's the difference between a good defence and a great defence, then it's worth it.

The Hawks only real other needs are depth at LB, DT and O-line. Which can be done at the draft.

Cliff Avril to Seahawks. This addresses their biggest need, the pass rush. Their team is now complete and as good as any in the league.

As a Lions' fan, I'm extremely curious as to what Cliff's going to do elsewhere. I felt like his superb 2011 had a lot to do with Suh being double teamed, but Cliff had a solid 2012 as well. Regardless, Seattle's looking pretty good this year.

If you need me I'll be putting together a voodoo doll.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Any insight on Danny Amendola? How's his personality, for lack of a better term. Likable guy?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

As long as he gets to the QB I don't care

As long as you're not counting on him for more than 5 sacks, you should be okay :P

Like Steve said, I think Suh had a lot to do with his inflated numbers. If for any other reason, though, I'm glad the entitled attitude is gone. He seemed to really shift his focus to himself last off season, and that rubbed me the wrong way. Maybe things will change for you guys -- I just don't think he's worth the asking price as a potential system guy.

Any insight on Danny Amendola? How's his personality, for lack of a better term. Likable guy?

He's very likeable. He's a good reasonably consistent player; I won't use "scrappy" because I hate the term, but he is. He was Bradford's safety blanket the last few seasons. The biggest knocks on him are 1) he's a hobbit and 2) when God rolled him up, he used Constitution as a dump stat (injury prone).

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

He's very likeable. He's a good reasonably consistent player; I won't use "scrappy" because I hate the term, but he is. He was Bradford's safety blanket the last few seasons. The biggest knocks on him are 1) he's a hobbit and 2) when God rolled him up, he used Constitution as a dump stat (injury prone).

Sounds like I'll love him. I tend to be a fan of the smaller guys (Danny Woodhead has been my favorite Patriot the last two seasons) so I'm sure Amendola will fit right in.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

But it was never Denver's offense that failed them in the playoffs it was the DEFENSE, this don't help the get over that glaring weakness IMO

Well, they just picked up Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. I'd say that's a decent start.

6uXNWAo.png

1. Is it a rule that you have to replace a white wide receiver with another white wide receiver?

2. Josh Cribbs' farewell instagram image to Cleveland was friggin' sad as crap.

je3oh7o.png

3. The Colts signed LaRon Landry.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived