2013 NFL Off-Season Thread

Island_Style

Hopefully whatever judge he has ends up making an example of him. He needs to spend some serious time behind bars.

Three times in a week and the third time its for robbery and assaulting an officer? Yeah I would say he's getting the book thrown at him in that case, I don't care who his lawyer is. This isn't a guy who had a bad night after drinking too much. Now this is a repeat offender who clearly just doesn't get how to conduct himself in society.

Hope he enjoyed his NFL career because whatever small chance he had at another team picking him up ended Friday, not that it was likely to happen anyway. He'll be lucky to still be of playing age by the time he gets out of prison. Hopefully he'll be able to get his life turned around while behind bars, but this is probably the last we will hear from Titus Young.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Titus Young gets the hat-trick for the week: http://sports.yahoo....-185642710.html

It's a crying shame that this standout, upstanding citizen and good student from Boise State has fallen on such hard times......

I hope he enjoys the Lawrence Phillips suite.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Titus Young gets the hat-trick for the week: http://sports.yahoo....-185642710.html

It's a crying shame that this standout, upstanding citizen and good student from Boise State has fallen on such hard times......

I hope he enjoys the Lawrence Phillips suite.

I have to wonder: did the coaches at Boise State just do a really good job of keeping him in line, or did the campus police have to look the other way at a bunch of stuff?

@ OnWis97, good post on Tebow & distractions. It's the whole T.O. syndrome. There's a balance between talent and distraction and when T.O. was at his best, teams were willing to endure it. Once the talent falls off, or if in Kluwe's case the player is relatively easy to replace to begin with, why would any team want to mess with it? Not saying it's right to dump a guy for being vocal but that's just reality.

IMO the takeaway here is that it's not the views the players hold, it's the distraction factor. In other words, with today's media in a froth every time somebody utters something mildly noteworthy, a player can be outspoken on either side of an issue and be enough of a distraction to tip the scales towards "not worth the circus." Therefore that player is not released because he "favors gay marriage" or is fervently Christian but because when you're trying to win in the NFL - to paraphrase Sweet Brown - "ain't nobody got time for a media circus."

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

What does his having gone to Boise State have to do with him being a lunatic? He could have been from anywhere -- or does the mighty Big Ten produce nothing but the finest gentlemen?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

What does his having gone to Boise State have to do with him being a lunatic? He could have been from anywhere -- or does the mighty Big Ten produce nothing but the finest gentlemen?

I think Hedley was giving the story the Lights-Out-Boise-State-homer spin.*

*I could've horribly misread that.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I have to wonder: did the coaches at Boise State just do a really good job of keeping him in line

Yeah, Coach Pete doesn't mess around. Young was actually suspended from the team for his whole sophomore year when he got in a fight with a teammate. It's actually impressive he got three productive years out of him.

Pretty sad to watch Young spin out of control. He was a very talented young WR (no pun intended) yet he wasted all that potential.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Vikings new stadium:

0ap1000000169310.jpg

The First United Church of Adrian Peterson?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Vikings new stadium:

0ap1000000169310.jpg

:lol: I LOL'ed. Well done.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

On 5/14/2013 at 11:16 AM, McCarthy said:

Here's the baseball setup

That is an inaccurate drawing...look at all those fans.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Vikings new stadium:

0ap1000000169310.jpg

:lol: I LOL'ed. Well done.

Same here. Spot on.

In other news, RIP Chuck Muncie. He was one of the first players whose jersey I bought. For a 6'3", 225 lb. man that guy could run like a deer. I remember once he took a sweep all the way against Atlanta and outran defensive backs who had an angle. Sadly he went off the rails with drugs.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Can't the friggin Gophers just throw down bases on a soccer field or in a parking lot on campus? Nobody wants them. Can't the state build the tiny, high school-quality baseball stadium the Gophers deserve? Nobody give a flying :censored: about BigTen baseball. I don't know if Minnesota's team is better or more important than Illinois', but the Illini basically play on a high school field. Why would UM want the baseball team there? It's "where the pros play", but I doubt Minnesota will have recruits flocking in to play in front of 1,000 people in a cavernous football stadium. It's a little dumb to see that the football stadium will be in some ways compromised because the Vikings' parents told them they have to let their little brother tag along.

If the baseball team needed a place to play and didn't mind playing in converted football stadiums, why didn't they just make TCF baseball-ready? Furthemore, if the state is going to dictate that Gophers' baseball has to be a part of the stadium deal, why didn't they do that to the Twins, who got an actual baseball stadium?

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived