2013 NFL Off-Season Thread

Island_Style

Police are questioning Aaron Hernandez In a homicide, but he is not believed to be a suspect.

http://www.foxnews.c...aron-hernandez/

Hmmm for someone not to be a suspect they are focusing a lot on him and searching his home. If Hernandez some how gets a Murder charge the Pats will be in some trouble at Tight End.

I doubt Hernandez actually has blood on his hands, but I'm willing to be he knows who does. There's too many connections to think he's ignorant to the whole matter. North Attleboro isn't exactly a crime heavy town, something sketchy happened here, maybe Hernandez tried to cover it up - maybe he didn't. Fact still stands that suspect or not, he's in a bit of trouble.

EDIT: Here's an update.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/06/19/police-quiet-on-investigation-involving-aaron-hernandez/

NORTH ATTLEBORO (CBS/AP) — New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez has not been ruled out as a suspect in a homicide investigation in North Attleboro, a law enforcement source told WBZ-TV’s Karen Anderson.
The source also said Hernandez is not cooperating with investigators at this point in the probe.

Interesting.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This situation is ridiculous, but I'm sure he won't be charged, even if he did kill a guy. If OJ and Ray have taught me anything, it's that if you are an NFL player and commit murder, you'll get a reduced sentence at worst (usually).

Edit: And now TMZ is reporting that Hernandez was sued for shooting a guy in the face... What the hell is going on??

Also, who sues someone for shooting them rather than filing criminal charges... something seems fishy about that.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Tebow's prospects for playing tight end sure seem good now!

So when were these incidents alleged to have occurred?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Really good day for Jacksonville fans. Everbank Field will get $63 million in improvements. The Jags got the scoreboards they wanted. Two of them. Both are 55ft high and 301ft wide. The Jags will also take out 7,000 seats to make room for other improvements. That means the tarps are gone. The Jags are paying for $20 million plus anything over budget. City pays $40mil.

This was also done to keep UF/UGA as well as elevating the status of the Gator Bowl. The Gator Bowl Association is a little more optimistic than myself. They predict they will host a NC with like 6 to 10 years. I dont buy that because the competition is just too strong. Maybe the first one to get the table scraps.

Really good day for Jacksonville fans. Everbank Field will get $63 million in improvements. The Jags got the scoreboards they wanted. Two of them. Both are 55ft high and 301ft wide. The Jags will also take out 7,000 seats to make room for other improvements. That means the tarps are gone. The Jags are paying for $20 million plus anything over budget. City pays $40mil.

This was also done to keep UF/UGA as well as elevating the status of the Gator Bowl. The Gator Bowl Association is a little more optimistic than myself. They predict they will host a NC with like 6 to 10 years. I dont buy that because the competition is just too strong. Maybe the first one to get the table scraps.

This is only removing the tarps in the North endzone, right? My understanding has the tarps in the upper decks still clinging to some life.

fP8H4Wf.jpg

Dun da duh... dun da dun dun

http://www.bostonsportstoday.net/18/post/2013/06/report-patriots-aaron-hernandez-will-be-arrested.html

New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez will be arrested in connection with the murder near his home in North Attleboro, MA, according to a law enforcement source of Boston.com's Steve Silva.

Hernandez wa questioned by police at his home Tuesday after the body of Odin Lloyd was found near his home Monday. Hernandez was not originally believed to be a suspect in the murder, but as FOX 25 reported Wednesday, Hernandez was "directly tied" to the homicide.

Hernandez is a three-year NFL veteran who has spent his entire career in New England

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

This is coming together like an episode of the First 48

http://abcnews.go.com/US/aaron-hernandez-clear-sources-abc-news/story?id=19445131

Police plan to go back to the home of New England Patriot's tight end Aaron Hernandez today with another warrant based on evidence that "he destroyed his home security system,'' an investigator close to the case told ABC News.

The investigator, and other law enforcement sources, confirmed that the security system - which included video surveillance - was smashed intentionally.

And a cell phone used by Hernandez was handed over to investigators "in pieces'' by his attorneys, the sources said.

Police also want to know why a team of house cleaners were hired on Monday to scrub Hernandez's mansion, sources told ABC News.

The revelations come as multiple sources tell ABC News that the star NFL player has not been ruled out as a suspect in the murder of a semi-pro football player Odin Lloyd, 27, who was Hernandez's friend.

Hernandez has been at the center of the investigation since Lloyd's body was found shot in the back of the head in a scrubby clearing of an industrial park roughly a mile from the Patriots star's million-dollar mansion in North Attleborough Monday.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Bishop reportedly will sign 1-year deal with Vikings

The wannabe Packers have signed yet another ex-Packer.

This reminds me of the Brewers when they went through their phase of signing a bunch of Cubs rejects who were all supposedly just a notch below all-star level. Does the Vikings organization even realize how pathetic they look signing every former player from a rival team that they can get their hands on?

Oh well... hope they have fun with the eight games they'll have Greg Jennings for and the awesome preseason (and nothing else) they'll get from Des Bishop.

Archived