THE LOCKOUT IS OVER!

Funky Bunky

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Done deal. Its now official. Tentative agreements between the NHL and the NHLPA." -RenLavoieRDS

Key word there. There's still stuff for them to sort out behind the scenes. It ain't over yet.

Man, I'm such a pessimist.

tumblr_lz3gd4LugV1r6i3cdo1_500.jpg

Don't jinx it!

So when do we get the new league logo? That still happens right? We have a lockout a rebrand everything? Ha!

Yes each team will have new enhanced performance uniforms next year that are sleeveless. It's about time too, sleeves limit motion.

untitled-6.jpg

I'm not watching it again until at least next season. The NLL is on TSN all season long, as well as the NFL playoffs. (I really hope they do not pre-empt NLL coverage to air Laughs games or something like that). Even with the gap between the end of the NLL season and the start of the CFL, there are plenty of sports to watch, like the CHL/Mem Cup. I might even watch curling before I turn the NHL on again. NHL, this is your punishment from me, one of your fans - an indefinite period of not watching any games or buying any merchandise. Maybe you should enter into negotiations with me - one of your fans, on something like lower ticket prices, so I could afford to go to a game one of these days. Until then, I will stick to attending games for my hometown Sudbury Wolves. They're kind of like the Laughs in that they haven't won their league championship in over 40 years, but this team's owner doesn't waste millions of dollars on them.

No, don't punish yourself like that. And make no mistake, you're not punishing anyone but yourself. It's pointless. The only thing more self-flagellatory than being a hockey fan is being a hockey fan who won't watch hockey.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I am watching hockey, though. The Wolves are broadcast locally on Eastlink channel 10. I don't really have time to watch an 82-game season now, anyway. I prefer watching sports (especially live and in person) Friday through Sunday, so ditching the NHL for a while is probably pretty good for me.

"Done deal. Its now official. Tentative agreements between the NHL and the NHLPA." -RenLavoieRDS

Key word there. There's still stuff for them to sort out behind the scenes. It ain't over yet.

Man, I'm such a pessimist.

tumblr_lz3gd4LugV1r6i3cdo1_500.jpg

Don't jinx it!

Why? I want more lockout, not less.

Archived