2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 2014 Heritage Classic has been confirmed:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/story/?id=427400&hubname=nhl-senators

So it looks like we'll be seeing at least one new uniform. I could see Vancouver wearing the Millionaire throwbacks from last season against the Sens in a white (or vintage white [i hope not!]) version of the heritage uniform. 2014 will (almost) mark the 100th anniversary of the Millionaires beating the Senators to win the city's only Stanley Cup so it makes sense.

I really don't like those Millionaires jerseys. Just screams cash grab. Plus they're ugly with a dumb logo.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

http://www.tsn.ca/nh...me=nhl-senators

So it looks like we'll be seeing at least one new uniform. I could see Vancouver wearing the Millionaire throwbacks from last season against the Sens in a white (or vintage white [i hope not!]) version of the heritage uniform. 2014 will (almost) mark the 100th anniversary of the Millionaires beating the Senators to win the city's only Stanley Cup so it makes sense.

I hope the Sens wear these sweaters from the 19th century.

800px-OttawaHockeyClub1891.JPG

That triskelion logo was awesome.

The Catch of the Day!

I think if black is in your colour scheme is not instantly BFBS. An argument can be made for it in most cases and if it's done well then I think it usually looks quite sharp. Obviously Detroit or Toronto or Vancouver in black would be stupid, but New Jersey, or Chicago or Philadelphia in black is fine by me.

IF black is in your color scheme, and has been for some time. Yes, it wasn't BFBS when the Hawks and Flyers made black alternates. However, the Mets and Royals crapping over their uniforms so they could add black hats and jerseys certainly was BFBS.

I'm borderline on the Flyers. Sure balck is in their scheme (the orange and black), but they were always primarily orange. There was really no reason to go black other than sales. They used a lot of black though (hell - their logo is black) so it's not as bad as other teams.

I'd call the Eagles black jerseys total BFBS. I don't care that black is in their scheme. It's only trim. There is no justification for a black jersey, hence bfbs. Teams that change their colors to include black for the sole reason of having a black alt is bfbs. Thus the Cardinals black jersey is BFBS, even though black is in their scheme (and technically) has been for a long time.

I agree with you. The Blackhawks having a black jersey wasn't totally out of nowhere, as they had worn black in the past. Still, their black jersey was a downgrade from the red jersey and also seemed wrong because of how iconic the red is. Having a black jersey "made sense" for the Hawks if they had to have an alternate jersey, which of course, they didn't. I think it's the same thing with the Flyers. Their black jersey was a fine-looking jersey on its own as a fashion jersey, but it wasn't necessary and detracted from the look overall. Neither team's black alts were as egregious as the Arizona Cardinals, and I wouldn't necessarily call them BFBS, but they still probably shouldn't have existed.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I hope the Sens wear these sweaters from the 19th century.

800px-OttawaHockeyClub1891.JPG

That triskelion logo was awesome.

I wager 100 Quatloos that the Sens will not wear the 1891 jersey...

I can haz sig?

I think if black is in your colour scheme is not instantly BFBS. An argument can be made for it in most cases and if it's done well then I think it usually looks quite sharp. Obviously Detroit or Toronto or Vancouver in black would be stupid, but New Jersey, or Chicago or Philadelphia in black is fine by me.

hey now, some of us loved the Linden/Bure era black uniforms. Or were you just talking about tossing it into their current set?

Not him, but the whole reason the blue and green colour scheme was abandoned for black/gold/red is because the colour scheme wasn't "intimidating" enough.

It might not be in the '90s, but eschewing a unique, beautiful and fitting colour scheme because its too "passive" is as BFBS as it gets.

Sabres should go back to royal blue and yellow, at least on the thirds. That would really pop. I'm sick of navy blue at this point.

Slap a Sabres logo on there, put two stripes at the bottom hem, call it a day. MeVQEwW.jpg

yes, but with a blue or yellow helmet perhaps. Those gold helmets are pretty wild though. Did the Swedes wear them for that game? Or did they just put them on for the trophy presentation?

Sabres should go back to royal blue and yellow, at least on the thirds. That would really pop. I'm sick of navy blue at this point.

Slap a Sabres logo on there, put two stripes at the bottom hem, call it a day. MeVQEwW.jpg

yes, but with a blue or yellow helmet perhaps. Those gold helmets are pretty wild though. Did the Swedes wear them for that game? Or did they just put them on for the trophy presentation?

I believe it was just the trophy presentation. It might have been deemed too pretentious if they wore it for the game. Still they are pretty damn cool. Just imagine if the California Golden Seals were still around and they wore helmets like that along with gold skates, gloves, jerseys and pants. B)

Thats a pity because they would have looked pretty damn cool skating out on the ice with those uniforms and stylish mustaches to boot!

The Catch of the Day!

Thats a pity because they would have looked pretty damn cool skating out on the ice with those uniforms and stylish mustaches to boot!

Yeah, but then we'd have the start of the whole "MFMS" thing...folks here would treat mustaches they same way they do black!

I can haz sig?

The Sabres tweeted this photo

0712-buf-3rdpeek.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1373655698871

Which I think is a stripe below blue yokes.

Anybody else thinking it's going to look like this, but with blue instead of green? Perhaps silver instead of white?

oakland%20seals%20jersey.jpg

They could even use the script Buffalo logo and really go the whole nine yards...and you know what? It would look great.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Judging by the seams, I'm guessing that's a shot of the shoulder. If so, that's dangerously close to infringing on the Predators' yellow jersey. This whole thing is stupid. The Sabres should wear their true colors, royal blue and yellow. Then their yellow jersey wouldn't infringe on anybody.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

You mean a vintage white Millionaires throwback like this? IMG_1136_zps34f5c02d.jpg

I can haz sig?

So we have:

- Current crest

- Navy yoke (though it's somewhat oddly-shaped)

- Hanger effect

- Bottom portion of the collar is white; the top part is navy

- No vintage white

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

You mean a vintage white Millionaires throwback like this? IMG_1136_zps34f5c02d.jpg

I meant these Millionaires ones:

Mar0113_JerseyHanging_b_slide.jpg

Vancouver has had two throwbacks plus a third jersey already. I don't think it's necessary for them to unveil another throwback. It would make more sense for Ottawa to capitalize on the popularity of the =O= logo and heritage jersey (plus I would really love to see it, even if it were just for one game).

I meant these Millionaires ones:

Mar0113_JerseyHanging_b_slide.jpg

Vancouver has had two throwbacks plus a third jersey already. I don't think it's necessary for them to unveil another throwback. It would make more sense for Ottawa to capitalize on the popularity of the =O= logo and heritage jersey (plus I would really love to see it, even if it were just for one game).

which means they probably will unveil a new throwback jersey.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Archived