2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hahaha, boom.

(Linger on, your) Pale blue ice should be established throughout the league. It would be less fatiguing on my eyes than bright white ice (why else are most message board skins pale blue?), and would look more like ice did in the old days.

buffalo-3-20-05-blue--large-msg-1111382698-2.jpg

The Sabres had the right idea during the lockout, but they made the blue lines...yellow, in the Sabres' grand botch-a-wet-dream tradition.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I have a feeling that whatever the Sabres release will be beaten to a pulp on here and there will be at least two "it's worse than the Buffaslug" spouters.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

"HDTV's resolution is like 10 times what regular television is," Sabres managing partner Larry Quinn said. "I've got to believe that a color will show up so much better than just white. If you think about it, even art galleries aren't using white walls anymore."

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Hahaha, boom.

(Linger on, your) Pale blue ice should be established throughout the league. It would be less fatiguing on my eyes than bright white ice (why else are most message board skins pale blue?), and would look more like ice did in the old days.

The Sabres had the right idea during the lockout, but they made the blue lines...yellow, in the Sabres' grand botch-a-wet-dream tradition.

I'd like to see that in action, but the blue would still have to be much more pale than that. Like, take that blueness down by half and we're talking.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I have a feeling that whatever the Sabres release will be beaten to a pulp on here and there will be at least two "it's worse than the Buffaslug" spouters.

Given the recent track record of the team, It will probably be justified. They couldn't even get their current primary jerseys right. What with the piping to nowhere, pit stains, front numbers.

I'd like to see that in action, but the blue would still have to be much more pale than that. Like, take that blueness down by half and we're talking.

Agreed. Honest, I tried to photoshop it to that effect, and I got the saturation/lightness down to where I wanted them, but I couldn't shift the hue of the blue line, I mean yellow line, I mean the line that you cannot cross in advance of the puck, and so I said "screw it" and posted the linked picture undoctored.

If they make the ice blue, each game better start with Ron Barr telling me which players are hot and cold for the game.

Hah! "while ___, ___, and Zarley Zalapski are off their game." Goddamn Zalapski was always off his game! :mad:

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Hahaha, boom.

If my memory serves, this was actually an AHL test (requested by the NHL) a few years ago. You'll notice the AHL on the boards. What was the blue line (now the yellow line) is also twice as wide, to allow for a little bit of wiggle room in crossing the line on offsides calls.

It was roundly panned when they tested in the AHL preseason.

While that may not be the greatest example, I think it would be really cool if each team had more control over what their home ice looked like. I'm not talking about college football "lets dye the turf orange" level of control, but just something that would make the ice feel like each team's own, rather than just the logo at centre and a slightly different red line.

Archived