2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah there's no way this Sabres jersey isn't a disaster.

We haven't even seen the Hurricanes new look yet. Let's wait until we get a full picture and then if it's a derivative piece of crap then we can jump all over it. As of right now, you're freaking out over something you might not need to freak out over.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Why is that franchise so tone deaf when it comes to their uniforms?

except for the shoulder number, i actually really liked these

Buffalo+Sabres+v+Toronto+Maple+Leafs+2qXLvIACKF9l.jpg

These grew on me A LOT, but yeah, no idea what that teams obsession with front jersey numbers. If the SJS get rid of theirs with their new jerseys, they'll be the only team left with them.

Why is that franchise so tone deaf when it comes to their uniforms?

except for the shoulder number, i actually really liked these

Buffalo+Sabres+v+Toronto+Maple+Leafs+2qXLvIACKF9l.jpg

These grew on me A LOT, but yeah, no idea what that teams obsession with front jersey numbers. If the SJS get rid of theirs with their new jerseys, they'll be the only team left with them.

Those jerseys were thoroughly awful, only made worse with every single junior team insisting on using that template, and none of it looking like a hockey jersey.

Keep in mind, this jersey started the backlash to throwback jerseys that we're currently experiencing, it was that bad.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Those jerseys would have been somewhat passable if they got rid of the "horns," the front number and the Buffaslug. Then they'd be an improvement on that God-awful template the Senators and Penguins have right now.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Updating what we know...the question is whether it's a stripe or the ending of the sleeve...and of course we know nothing about the hemline

sabresthirdjerseywhatweknowcopy_zps84e0b37e.png

In the top-left and middle-right images, there's sewing marks in the blue areas alligned exactly where the edge of that long silver stripe begins. In your concept, there's a single blue arm stripe, not separated by anything. Man, these teasers are annoying the :censored: outta me!

(Sorry for a lack of better wording, though)

Updating what we know...the question is whether it's a stripe or the ending of the sleeve...and of course we know nothing about the hemline

sabresthirdjerseywhatweknowcopy_zps84e0b37e.png

In the top-left and middle-right images, there's sewing marks in the blue areas alligned exactly where the edge of that long silver stripe begins. In your concept, there's a single blue arm stripe, not separated by anything. Man, these teasers are annoying the :censored: outta me!

(Sorry for a lack of better wording, though)

No, no, I want as much discussion on this as possible. Though I'm not sure I understand what you're saying (other than how annoying this all is, because I'm baffled), so please, elaborate, and include your own diagrams if you can

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

If that's accurate, it looks somewhat like a cape.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Not sure I like the "cape-effect" (if that's where all of this is in fact going). But I guess that avoids them becoming a Nashville clone. But, why does it seem that the Sabres and Islanders (two teams with beautiful uniforms in their early years) are in a race to see who can ruin their identity first?

Oh, and shameless plug for my first jersey related post to be featured on a blog:

http://unionandblue.com/2013/07/19/ranking-the-columbus-blue-jackets-jerseys/

70389454.png

Dear God, what a disaster. What is wrong with the Sabres/Reebok? Why can't they just make something appealing? Don't they realize that people will buy more of a jersey that isn't an absolute abomination? Maybe they could make a classic, but nope, they'll just make crap that everyone will hate and will be forced to get rid of it in a few years. Speaking of, have the Islanders ditched that black monstrosity yet? Almost the same situation.

Here it is: My take on the Sabres jersey.

Sabres_zps2cf68f07.png

It has that same NOLA Mardi Gras feel. I think we'll see more retro-inspired designs in the future. Yiiiiiikes.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Sabres should just blow everyone's minds and come out with the jersey above but with a yellow helmet. Would love to see that again. What was the last team to wear yellow helmets? The Penguins in the 80's? Kings pre-Gretzky?

Sabres should just blow everyone's minds and come out with the jersey above but with a yellow helmet. Would love to see that again. What was the last team to wear yellow helmets? The Penguins in the 80's? Kings pre-Gretzky?

The Penguins and Kings both switched from gold to white helmets in the 88-89 season.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived