2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

so minnesota is going to slowly become forest green and white with hints of red, and dallas is going to be kelly green and black with hints of silver... leaving the green and gold of north stars lore for seattle someday?

Any team in Minnesota focused on a nature/wilderness theme should go primarily green. Looking at you T'Wolves.

sig.png

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/29/2013 at 11:40 AM, CreamSoda said:
On 8/29/2013 at 10:15 AM, OnWis97 said:

Sleeve? Hem?

I am going sleeve...as I think they are going to try to mirror the red.

How does that match the red at all??

I am not great at envisioning these things at all, but perahps the "top" part of the sleeve is white and the bottom part green? However...

On 8/29/2013 at 11:48 AM, CreamSoda said:

What I know think the Wild will go with:

I fear you are right, except maybe the "Wild" could be red. It's starting to look like a match to the green alt more than the red.

I know Wild fans love every single move this team makes, but I am really starting to hate their movement away from the logo and away from the red.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

However, if they go the route you think, Cream Soda, what I think they should do is simply make the green jersey their OFFICIAL home. This would be their away. And then how about doing something completely different (which would sell well, I think) : Put the large logo/ bear head on a primarily red sweater. No roundel. I don't believe we have seen the Wild go with that combo. That jersey could have green helment/ green and white striping...and that way you are not marginalizing their great logo. Just a thought...designers?

so minnesota is going to slowly become forest green and white with hints of red, and dallas is going to be kelly green and black with hints of silver... leaving the green and gold of north stars lore for seattle someday?

I'm shocked that no one just goes green and white. Monochrome, baby ! I think someone should jump at kelly green and white. I would love for the Seattle team to be a clean kelly (I guess it would have to be "emerald" for the emerald city, right?) and white. No black. No nothing. Then you can go really modern for your logo and striping while keeping the classic colors. That would get my vote.

I also wouldn't mind someone inverting the Canucks and being green dominant with blue as an accent/ secondary color. I don't see any reason why that can't be.

While kelly green is a gorgeous colour, if a team was to go all-green, I'd want it to be forest green instead. Kelly green is too light to work on its own.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

The two-tone collar kind of kills anyone's dreams of a match anyway, I suppose.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

The two-tone collar kind of kills anyone's dreams of a match anyway, I suppose.

I still am lost on the red in the color but apparently not in the stripes... Unless they are only showing part of the striping pattern and the red is down further...

I still am lost on the red in the color but apparently not in the stripes... Unless they are only showing part of the striping pattern and the red is down further...

That's my guess. Why have red on the collar if you're not going to feature it anywhere else?

OttawaSenators.png

For the life of me, I just don't get this franchise. I'm all for minimizing red. I think the club's red jerseys are atrocious (and Yes, I'm one of those who can separate the green-and-red combo from Christmas. It's impossible).

So their script-based green jersey (and the possible white home one) is at least a good move in that sense. I just don't get the necessity of using words instead of that fantastic and potentially iconic logo.

That mark should stand on its own. No words necessary. The Red Wings don't need to slap the word Detroit over the top of their mark. The word Philadelphia is found nowhere on the Flyers jerseys. Eliminating the name "Minnesota" doesn't mean the viewing public will suddenly be confused about the team's location.

Anyone designing a jersey for the Wild needs to start with that logo and build around it. There's no logical excuse for doing it any other way.

On 8/29/2013 at 2:27 PM, CreamSoda said:

Based off the teaser pic for today.... there appears to be some red in the striping...

So maybe something like this:

I could see it being this, but with the circle logo.

POTD (Shared)

I'm shocked that no one just goes green and white. Monochrome, baby ! I think someone should jump at kelly green and white. I would love for the Seattle team to be a clean kelly (I guess it would have to be "emerald" for the emerald city, right?) and white. No black. No nothing. Then you can go really modern for your logo and striping while keeping the classic colors. That would get my vote.

I also wouldn't mind someone inverting the Canucks and being green dominant with blue as an accent/ secondary color. I don't see any reason why that can't be.

While kelly green is a gorgeous colour, if a team was to go all-green, I'd want it to be forest green instead. Kelly green is too light to work on its own.

celtics_3_800.jpg

I disagree.

Based off the teaser pic for today.... there appears to be some red in the striping...

So maybe something like this:

wildred_zpse514bf27.png

Sabres Pants released via facebook page:

Could REEBOK be any bigger!?!?

Ugh, thats a lot of grey...

Cool...but then we are still mismatching...Not saying you're wrong of course.

I'd rather have them mismatch and produce a quality road sweater than try to match the home and produce a piece-of-junk. Having a quality road sweater at the very least will make it simpler for them to tweak the home to match in the future if need be.

Archived