2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

So the roundel is the shoulder patch. That's a good move.

Sarcasm?

That's a terrible move. Shoulder patches with shoulder yokes never work

What? When did this become a rule of hockey sweaters? I think a shoulder patch inside a yoke works as well as it does on any other yoke-less jersey.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, I'm going with NHLUniforms.com's prediction now

993988_10153190658310591_307560125_n.png

I like it. I like it a lot.

That creates a thing that bothers me, a problem that didn't exist when the whites were at home: it says Minnesota on both the home reds and the third greens, both of which are worn at home, and then only on the road, where it's not Minnesota, it doesn't say Minnesota. I hope this leads to new home jerseys that also feature only the primary logo, just so that problem goes away. It's a little thing that irks me.

I'm hoping there's a bit more red, but at least we can say goodbye to this terrible shoulder patch:

fw4dvpekpdw7b6st29qqmgg0x.gif

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

So the roundel is the shoulder patch. That's a good move.

Sarcasm?

That's a terrible move. Shoulder patches with shoulder yokes never work

What? When did this become a rule of hockey sweaters? I think a shoulder patch inside a yoke works as well as it does on any other yoke-less jersey.

Since I first saw it and thought "That doesn't look very good."

-BigBubba

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

If that NHL Uniforms prediction is on-target, and it seems like it is, then:

- Make the green jersey the home primary

- Add red trim to the numbers

- Drop the phantom yoke trim

- Add the bear head as a shoulder patch

And now you've got yourselves a set.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I guess this got lost in all the wild stuff, and I'm sure a lot of people have already seen it on icethetics but the0831-minbuf-shoulders.png?__SQUARESPACE_

(ignore the wild, from icethetics)

So it looks like a standard rounded blue yoke with a white outline on the bottom that stops at the edge, which makes no sense at all.

Just to clarify, the reds are still the homes next season, right? I'd say from there just tweak either the red or the green (next season, given it's too late for them to change them) to match the new aways, which should end up coming out really nicely, and you've got yourself a home run of a set there in St. Paul.

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

I guess this got lost in all the wild stuff, and I'm sure a lot of people have already seen it on icethetics but the0831-minbuf-shoulders.png?__SQUARESPACE_

So it looks like a standard rounded blue yoke with a white outline on the bottom that stops at the edge, which makes no sense at all.

If you read the caption on icethetics, he says that he thinks the Sabres one is a hat, because it was on instagram, and well, it looks like a hat. I think it's a false alarm.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

If you read the caption on icethetics, he says that he thinks the Sabres one is a hat, because it was on instagram, and well, it looks like a hat. I think it's a false alarm.

I also thought of that, but two things that I looked at closely. The first one is the line that runs under the patch to the logo and the second is the white underneath the blue on the far left, but it doesn't show up under the front that could resemble a bruins-esque yoke outline.. It is odd fabric, but I'm not convinced it's not a heavily filtered version of the sweater.

Do not make the green jersey the primary. I think it has the "old-school" look to it that makes it a perfect third jersey. Instead, I would prefer if they tweaked the red jersey to look more like the new road. That way you can keep using the unedited green jersey that the fans have come to love while also ditching a jersey that has lost popularity over the years.

Either way, I think Minnesota is moving in the right direction with this new road uniform. It feels like it belongs in the same set as the third. The next step is to tweak the red, and then you've got a great set.

I agree that the current red jersey should be ditched as soon as possible but having a primarily red uniform matched with a white jersey with primarily green accents wouldn't work. Put the full bear head on the green jersey, ditch the phantom yoke, put the roundel on the shoulders and replace the wheat stripes with white and you've got a great set.

How about just going back to the inaugural uniforms and calling it a day? Then you have a set much better than any of the ones suggested.

(Now, that's not to say that a new set based off of this road uniform would be bad, but it wouldn't touch what they started off with).

-BigBubba

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

How about just going back to the inaugural uniforms and calling it a day? Then you have a set much better than any of the ones suggested.

(Now, that's not to say that a new set based off of this road uniform would be bad, but it wouldn't touch what they started off with).

-BigBubba

Agreed but considering The Wild have messed up every uniform decision since introducing the Iron Range Red Alternate, I'm just being realistic

I think that's a lot of nostalgia for nostalgia's sake. Those uniforms were nice...but they weren't amazing. After 13 years, they were getting pretty stale. Minnesota as a region has too much heritage to have a modern-looking team, and those originals were rather modern. Sure, they've had a mismatching set, but it's an evolution rather than rebranding, and each of those jerseys has looked good. Those original reds looked amazing, and even non-hockey fans have said that it screams "classic hockey", I've gotten plenty of compliments while wearing mine. Then those new greens, rip on them all you want, but they're a classic style that stands apart and looks nothing like other teams out there, and every time you see it, it's pleasing to the eyes.

This is one team that certainly has improved over time, and i really don't think they "got it right the first time".

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I will say that, with this new road sweater, the Wild will have the best shoulder patch in their history.

The pre-Edge red jersey was very nice. The one they currently wear is ass.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

^I don't think so, just the lighting again.

Not too much to criticize on this set. Pretty solid job all round. I'm loving the Wild head on it's own. Their home needs to be like this too.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Archived