2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the roundel is the shoulder patch. That's a good move.

Sarcasm?

That's a terrible move. Shoulder patches with shoulder yokes never work, and they might have a Dallas Stars situation by having the same logo three times in the jersey. And if they use the script, then the stand-alone bear head would have been much better. "Yo dawg, I hear you like marginalized logos so we put a marginalized logo in a marginalized location so you can marginalize your already marginalized identity while you watch other teams do the same!"

And is that a square yoke? Ew.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Script...mark it down. It is more popular than the logo, which is now being uses (tiny) on the shoulder

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

So they're sticking with three separate designs, the dummies. Maybe the road and the alternate will be kinda-sorta close.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

So the roundel is the shoulder patch. That's a good move.

Sarcasm?

That's a terrible move. Shoulder patches with shoulder yokes never work, and they might have a Dallas Stars situation by having the same logo three times in the jersey. And if they use the script, then the stand-alone bear head would have been much better. "Yo dawg, I hear you like marginalized logos so we put a marginalized logo in a marginalized location so you can marginalize your already marginalized identity while you watch other teams do the same!"

And is that a square yoke? Ew.

Personally, I like shoulder patches within a yoke, especially when the patches are circular in nature because it follows the circular contour of shoulder yoke.

Of course, if it is indeed square, then that reasoning goes out the window.

I think that eliminates the roundel on the front, and I'm ok with either of the alternatives. I think this is going to be the best jersey of the off season by far.

Hold on, we haven't seen the sabres third yet :grin:

Gah, I just clicked on the uniform history link at the Wild official site, saw the original green jerseys, and got all upset that I never got around to buying one of those at the time.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

And here they are:

http://sharks.nhl.com/club/microhome.htm?location=/jersey

11211905647_slide_zps4c0dc5e1.jpg

10211903464_slide_zps71c46356.jpg

SJS_WEB_NewJerseyHome_950x741v2_zps13eca

Ridiculous. No hem stripes, front numbers that look even larger (though I'm sure that's due to fewer colors) same logos. At least all three jerseys are the same now but considering how bad the black one is, that's not a good thing.

Sorry if I am late.

Reebok needs to get out of the NHL. Adding to the list of boring neo classic looks..

Teams with no shoulder yoke and "only couple stripes"

SJ

DAL

CAR

VAN

TOR

NYI

CHI

Up next:

MIN

FLA

PHI

Who else?

League of lookalikes.

I'm pretty sure that reebok isn't the one designing all the jerseys pretty sure the teams do that so who cares who manufacturers then

I think that rounded Wild logo is on the shoulders. You can see the green outside the logo. The picture of the other Wild logo(just the head) could just be a zoom in on the shoulder logo.

Although these jerseys are begining to look like a mess, that follows no patterns.

Yep, I'm going with NHLUniforms.com's prediction now

993988_10153190658310591_307560125_n.png

I like it. I like it a lot.

That creates a thing that bothers me, a problem that didn't exist when the whites were at home: it says Minnesota on both the home reds and the third greens, both of which are worn at home, and then only on the road, where it's not Minnesota, it doesn't say Minnesota. I hope this leads to new home jerseys that also feature only the primary logo, just so that problem goes away. It's a little thing that irks me.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

If they add red to the striping, this will actually be good. Of course, it will still be inferior to what they had before, won't match any of their other jerseys, and it will be a change for the sake of changing, but still, at least it's not ugly.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived