2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm digging that concept, habsfan.

I just hope that the numbers at least have an outline. One-outline numbers look a bit cheap to me. Plus, you can never use too much green.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

You're likely right about them going block, though it'll likely be the terribly-chunky font they use on the other two. RIP the Wild's awesome inaugural numbers.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I like what I am seeing of the numbers. It almost looks like it's not that boxy font on the red and green uniforms, but it probably is (and these are probably sleeve numbers.

I am glad, though, they did not go minimalist, as is the trend pointed out by Eddie above. Green outlines on red numbers looks nice.

But the team seems to get more inconsistent. This jersey seems to be old-school Devils in color (which I love), while the red incorporates wheat, and the green barely uses red.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

i like what i'm seeing for this so far. Looks like it'll be the best new one yet (not counting Dallas). That font does look the same as the other ones, so that'll bring some unity. I think they'll have a look where there's enough to keep them relatable now but each will have slight differences. This is shaping up to be like the green alt, but with adjustments to fit the white jersey.

On 8/30/2013 at 10:11 AM, CreamSoda said:
On 8/29/2013 at 4:54 PM, habsfan1 said:

Would this work?

Its looking like this will be correct, but with the green outlines.

I hope it is just the Bear logo and not the circle or script!!!

Maybe there will be some red on the hem/sleeves that they have still hidden, but the crest is obviously the biggest question.

I can give reasons why each one will not be used:

• Bear head: Because the jersey they are replacing used it, so the new uniform would seem unnecessary.
  • Circle: Because the red jersey (based only on what I am seeing on their facebook feeds) seems to be shrinking in popularity
  • Script: Because I think they said that it won't look like the Iowa Wild white jersey.

Honestly, if not for the statement about the Iowa Wild, I'd be predicting the script. My gut feeling (and that's all I have; there's no data) is that the script is more popular than the circle logo and the full-sized bear logo. But because of the "not like Iowa" statement, I'll predict they go with the circle logo because as far as I know the red jersey is still the primary and this would be somewhat of a match.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

I'm hoping for the roundel just because the inconsistency between Minnesota's three uniforms has always bothered me. The away could serve as a nice bridge between the jerseys -- the logo from the home, the striping from the alt.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Someone on the facebook thread suggested that this may be a front number. Nooooooooooo.

It does look small...please let it be a sleeve number.

POTD (Shared)

I like what I am seeing of the numbers. It almost looks like it's not that boxy font on the red and green uniforms, but it probably is (and these are probably sleeve numbers.

I am glad, though, they did not go minimalist, as is the trend pointed out by Eddie above. Green outlines on red numbers looks nice.

But the team seems to get more inconsistent. This jersey seems to be old-school Devils in color (which I love), while the red incorporates wheat, and the green barely uses red.

The outline almost looks black. That's the friggin' darkest green imaginable...no?

I'm hoping for the roundel just because the inconsistency between Minnesota's three uniforms has always bothered me. The away could serve as a nice bridge between the jerseys -- the logo from the home, the striping from the alt.

How about taking the crappy roundel logo, flushing it down the toilet and put the bear head logo on the front of a green jersey and use that as a full time home instead.

Then sometime in the future when enough time passes we can all pretend that roundel logo never existed and was simply a nightmare from another time, like Miley Cyrus and the mother from Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.

The Catch of the Day!

It's probably just bad lighting making the green looking so dark.

Generally speaking, front numbers would be positioned in a way that you'd be able to see a yoke seam in the space above them.

That does appear to be the same chunky font used elsewhere in their set. Gah.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Honestly, if not for the statement about the Iowa Wild, I'd be predicting the script. My gut feeling (and that's all I have; there's no data) is that the script is more popular than the circle logo and the full-sized bear logo. But because of the "not like Iowa" statement, I'll predict they go with the circle logo because as far as I know the red jersey is still the primary and this would be somewhat of a match.

Not like Iowa doesn't mean no script. It could just mean a few differences (collar, yoke), which we have already seen.

With the over-sized yoke we think we've been seeing, I don't think that they'd have those be the front numbers without us seeing at least part of it.

by that logic, you should see the yoke on a sleeve number as well since there'd be less space in between the two. .

Archived