2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

why must you buff so low

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Call it a crazy hunch... but judging from all the sneak peaks we've seen, and the Captain's C's and A's- is it at all possible the crest is just Sabres sans buffalo between them?

No Buffalo on the logo makes the city wordmark directly above it make more sense, after all- they aren't the Buffalo Buffaloes.

5amlwx.jpg

I'm gonna miss the old Wild road sweaters, at times I wish they would bring back the original green and make the red the alternate, but everything changes as time goes on in the sports world /: don't have a lot of optimism for the new ones!

I'm betting that the Minnesota on the hanger effect, since it's the same font on green as the roundel logo, means that there will be no roundel on the jersey.

Carolina moved their flags from the hemline to the collar, maybe the Wild have moved their word-laden roundel from the logo to the collar.

Or maybe they remain consistent throughout, and use the roundel to match the hanger effect wordmark. At least the H&R's will have matching logos.

Sleeve? Hem?

I am going sleeve...as I think they are going to try to mirror the red.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I wouldnt mind if they imitated the red as long as the arm patches were green and they got rid of the red and phantom yoke, but we kind of know that thats not happening because of thefirst two teasers. The fabric over the stripes though make be believe that this is the hem stripe on the side/back of the sweater.

My guess is just a white version of the green sweater with an added extra large yoke.

so minnesota is going to slowly become forest green and white with hints of red, and dallas is going to be kelly green and black with hints of silver... leaving the green and gold of north stars lore for seattle someday?

look like hem striping to me, which i approve

It's strange; I think it would be better as hem striping, but then they'll still have this "three unrelated jerseys" issues. So while it may look better as hem striping (though I'd really want some red involved there), I hope it is sleeve striping so they can have the two primaries match. Then in a few years when circle logos become passe, they can get the logo it's well-deserved place of prominence and hopefully incorporate both green and red fairly equally.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

so minnesota is going to slowly become forest green and white with hints of red, and dallas is going to be kelly green and black with hints of silver... leaving the green and gold of north stars lore for seattle someday?

I'm shocked that no one just goes green and white. Monochrome, baby ! I think someone should jump at kelly green and white. I would love for the Seattle team to be a clean kelly (I guess it would have to be "emerald" for the emerald city, right?) and white. No black. No nothing. Then you can go really modern for your logo and striping while keeping the classic colors. That would get my vote.

I also wouldn't mind someone inverting the Canucks and being green dominant with blue as an accent/ secondary color. I don't see any reason why that can't be.

Archived