2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

0826-min-web.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERS

anyone wondering if the team is giving us a hint or two just in this graphic?

Conceivably, white-hot eliminates any worry about cream-colored uni (I'd be a proponent but whatever...)

The crossed sticks...what is that? Is that part of their usual imagery? I hope that's not the logo.

Why show us the forest ... again? Maybe they're going to drop the animal head and set us up with a winter scene out of a forest ;) That would be different ;) ;)

i dont think so, it also has the bear head logo on the banner, with red background and green border, so I'm liking things with the colors and logo

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't mind for a second if Minnesota, within 2 years, simply used the Habs' home/away as a model and became the red/green version of it, with the bear head front and center. That would look slick....of course, morons would refer to it as Original 6 for Original 6 sake or something toolish like that.

I wouldn't mind for a second if Minnesota, within 2 years, simply used the Habs' home/away as a model and became the red/green version of it, with the bear head front and center. That would look slick....of course, morons would refer to it as Original 6 for Original 6 sake or something toolish like that.

that is because it would be, they should create their own look that has a matching home and road at the least, not copy the same design as another team change the colors and call it their own, thats just not right

on a side note, i would love if warrior replaced reebok after 2016, nike doesn't need another sport to control uniforms on, maybe basketball, but that is because adidas has been making the NBA a mockery of itself but thats for another thread

Yeah, no. Let's leave Warrior to the lax bros. Liverpool has shown that Warrior really does not know what they're doing on a big stage.

As far as I'm concerned, you have only two options when it comes to the NHL if Reebok was no longer outfitting them: Nike or Bauer.

Warrior has done a great job with lax, just saying.

/refer to every stroke I had over them with Princeton, Denver, and Hofstra in yearly NCAA Lacrosse threads

Anyhoo, I'm quite excited to see what the Wild have up their sleeves. They've always had great looks, just that they're in dire need of consistency and I hope their new aways have some

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

It would look like a desperate ripoff of a more established team.

Maybe you would enjoy every team wearing one of six templates, but I'd say the majority of fans would prefer some variety and creativity.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Another beauty shot of the Stars new uniform...

1176331_10153164884045215_1520043496_n.j

Its not that bad of a jersey, its pretty good looking. On a sidenote, am I the only one who like's Buffalo's idea for the 3rd's C & A? I also hope Minnesota doesn't mess up on their new roads as well.

baltimoreravens.png

It would look like a desperate ripoff of a more established team.

Maybe you would enjoy every team wearing one of six templates, but I'd say the majority of fans would prefer some variety and creativity.

Read some of my "earlier work"; you're right. I wouldn't mind it in the slightest. Get the 6 or 8 best templates and simply work off them.

Is any NFL team breaking ground uniform-wise? No. How many templates exist?

MLB??

From scripts to pinstripes to colors and piping, from sport to sport, we have tacitly accepted that there is a certain way for a baseball / football team to look. The NBA to a lesser extent.

You know what happens when teams think they can "reinvent the wheel ?" You end up with the Sharks and Panthers. Or maybe the Suns and Dolphins and Marlins?

Can someone who knows what they're doing do a mock-up of how the Wild would look in Habs jerseys. If you want to be "different," throw in an extra stripe of "wheat" so it's not an exact replica.

I was saying the same thing regarding the Stars, who look tremendous. Let them use the Devils template (or whichever) and simply click and fill that bad boy. There is absolutely no reason to have 30 different templates. NONE.

(You can take something that works and add your own twist or wrinkle to it. My Gawd, don't you wish the Avalanche just freakin' stole the Rangers or Flyers -- or insert your favorite team -- template instead of wearing that ghastly joke of a uniform? Wouldn't you rather the Flames simply took the template of their third, plopped in their current logo, threw in a black stripe and called that the home uniform? You wouldn't prefer to take the aforementioned Flames thirds (red/white/yellow), replace red with bright blue and tack on a Blues logo and call it a day? )

Again, I'm not an artist, but if someone could create those for me (even quick mock-ups), you'd really see that you don't need to reinvent the wheel when it comes to templates. What you need to do is burn the initial RBK garbage, show teams what works and allow them to fill in the blanks. Sometimes, too much uniform freedom can be a "dangerous" thing.

I know we're supposed to be open to all opinions, but the Pens/Sens template is BAD. The Blues and Panthers, etc. are really not great. We know what works.

You know what happens when teams think they can "reinvent the wheel ?" You end up with the Sharks and Panthers. Or maybe the Suns and Dolphins and Marlins?

Or maybe the Wild before they ruined their identity with non-matching fauxbacks? Their original look was a modern classic without needing to look exactly like an Original 6 team.

Or how about the Hurricanes? They too had a modern classic with the flag striping and threw it away in order to look like a combo of the Wings and Leafs.

And that's just hockey. Believe it or not, those old designs you love so much and want to see on every team once started out as brand new designs that "reinvented the wheel" too.

xLmjWVv.png

My Gawd, don't you wish the Avalanche just freakin' stole the Rangers or Flyers -- or insert your favorite team -- template instead of wearing that ghastly joke of a uniform?

No, I wish the Avalanche would go back to the mountain striping that was unique and worked for them as opposed to ripping off a more established and historic team.

We know what works.

Just because you think only six or so generic templates could ever possibly work doesn't make that the reality.

xLmjWVv.png

There should always be at least one team in each league trying to, well, I don't know if I'd say reinvent the wheel, but work within the constraints to come up with new ideas. Granted, I don't know if Minnesota's hockey team should be the one to do it, but I don't want every team to look the same. Every league should have a spectrum of minimalist to novel-but-classic (think Habs, Cardinals) to progressive to out-of-the-box. Keeps things interesting for us here at the ranch.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Just because you think only six or so generic templates could ever possibly work doesn't make that the reality.

And just because you act like traditional/conservative designs are the spawn of Satan doesn't make that the reality.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

There's no world in which the Senators and Penguins wearing the same template isn't crap on a stick. With everything that you can do with a hockey sweater, and everything that you can do for those particular identities, it's inexcusable.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

And just because you act like traditional/conservative designs are the spawn of Satan doesn't make that the reality.

I'm inclined to defend Lights Out here because he never actually said that, but the "let's all agree that each league needs a balance of traditional and progressive designs" thing hasn't really panned out discussion-wise, has it?

n my opinion, most of the Original 6 logos are very dated and could use a modernization.

I mean come on. Yes, you should have your classic teams and you should have your teams that try to be progressive within the realm of good taste. It gets very hard to have that discussion, however, when the people pushing the preference for progressive looks want every team to look as gimmicky as possible.

Archived