2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

on a side note, i would love if warrior replaced reebok after 2016, nike doesn't need another sport to control uniforms on, maybe basketball, but that is because adidas has been making the NBA a mockery of itself but thats for another thread

Yeah, no. Let's leave Warrior to the lax bros. Liverpool has shown that Warrior really does not know what they're doing on a big stage.

As far as I'm concerned, you have only two options when it comes to the NHL if Reebok was no longer outfitting them: Nike or Bauer.

Warrior has done a great job with lax, just saying.

Brendan+Mundorf+Chesapeake+Bayhawks+v+DeGarrett+Billings+Ohio+Machine+v+Hamilton

ya warrior has been a lax and hockey company long before signing the deal with liverpool, they had virtually no soccer background before it, they have tried a few designs that are out there thinking thats what soccer fans like, i have a liverpool home jersey from this year and it is high quality, and the homes stay true to what liverpool has been before adidas took over, they went back to the original crest thats just the liver bird, and don't have some design element like adidas' three stripes that have to be in every single one of their unis, and i don't see a problem with having out there alternates because thats what they are in soccer and alternate, liverpool wears there homes most of the time.

That's because Warrior started as a Lacrosse company. It's their bread and butter.

they are also a hockey company, they know what they are doing, and will bring some fresh looks to teams that need it.

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but the Wild will be getting a new road jersey.

This teaser photo was posted on their Facebook page.

1238254_10153163870195223_137881858_n.jp

Full jersey to be revealed on Sunday.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

I find it hard to believe that's a shoulder yoke, it goes way too far down. It's supposed to stop at the neck insert.

What else could it be? They can't wear green on the road, and it's zoomed in really close to so I don't think it goes down as far as it seems.

untitled-6.jpg

I think sportstar is right. Usually the shoulder yoke would stop at the beginning of the undercollar where the NHL logo usually is:

Doan-jersey-Front.jpg

Yes it's zoomed in, but we would be able to see the cut-off point if this was a traditional shoulder yoke as we've seen in the past. Or perhaps this is a new template that they're using. All we know is that it looks like they're using a lace-up collar.

OttawaSenators.png

One thing that I'm trying to figure out with the Wild (one of my favorite color schemes/logos/jerseys -- especially away and third) is why change the away (1), and what direction is the team heading (2)?

Their website is of little help. There's certainly enough red out there to make you think that red will supplant green going forward, but I can't make heads or tails from their site.

All of their marketing, public events, free-agent pressers, draft-day jerseys seem to be the green thirds, which is great. Love that look. It just moves the team away from its original direction, which had been awesome. Amazingly, the Wild haven't screwed up their evolution; they just simply need to streamline and choose left or right: Are we de-emphasizing the logo and becoming a forest green/wheat team with red accents and a baseball-style lettering (Iowa Wild), or are we doing a white version of the red homes? Maybe they aren't going in either direction; it just begs the question: If you were ok with incongruity, why not just leave the away sweaters?

They were one of the best the NHL has seen, and I think that jersey will be doubly missed by us NHL jersey nerds if they replace it with some slapdash version of the red homes that doesn't use either the excellent script or the large logo. You'd have to assume the roundel will be used because the team has said that (I believe) they are not doing a replica of the Iowa Wild. And so why make the change to simply keep the large animal head and change up the striping on a classic jersey?

I guess sadly, if they reboot the current homes in white, we either have matching jerseys that lack the waist stripe (meh) or they will be mis-matching, as the team for some reason shows no interest in touching their sacred home jerseys, which really took a hit when RBK came into the league.

Forgetting the "3 mismatching jerseys" factor, I actually like this teaser. I figured they'd totally ditch the red (or possibly the green). Featuring both colors is good. But I don't hold out much hope that the logo will be prominently featured, since it was on the jersey they are replacing. It's going to be either in a circle or the crest will be a script.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

One thing that I'm trying to figure out with the Wild (one of my favorite color schemes/logos/jerseys -- especially away and third) is why change the away (1), and what direction is the team heading (2)?

Their website is of little help. There's certainly enough red out there to make you think that red will supplant green going forward, but I can't make heads or tails from their site.

All of their marketing, public events, free-agent pressers, draft-day jerseys seem to be the green thirds, which is great. Love that look. It just moves the team away from its original direction, which had been awesome. Amazingly, the Wild haven't screwed up their evolution; they just simply need to streamline and choose left or right: Are we de-emphasizing the logo and becoming a forest green/wheat team with red accents and a baseball-style lettering (Iowa Wild), or are we doing a white version of the red homes? Maybe they aren't going in either direction; it just begs the question: If you were ok with incongruity, why not just leave the away sweaters?

They were one of the best the NHL has seen, and I think that jersey will be doubly missed by us NHL jersey nerds if they replace it with some slapdash version of the red homes that doesn't use either the excellent script or the large logo. You'd have to assume the roundel will be used because the team has said that (I believe) they are not doing a replica of the Iowa Wild. And so why make the change to simply keep the large animal head and change up the striping on a classic jersey?

I guess sadly, if they reboot the current homes in white, we either have matching jerseys that lack the waist stripe (meh) or they will be mis-matching, as the team for some reason shows no interest in touching their sacred home jerseys, which really took a hit when RBK came into the league.

I totally disagree with the bold. After adopting a great logo (somewhat redeeming themselves for the worst name in big-time sports), they continue to hide their logo every time they make a change. First the shrink it into a circle and then they remove it from the green third (and barely use red). Every move they have made has been a step in the wrong direction, in my opinion. Of course, I disagree with your take on the script logo. I don't like it at all. Isn't that why we all hate the Ducks uniforms?

I am actually hoping they'll do the roundel in this. At least then it won't be even more abandonment of the logo; and we can hope that one day the roundel trend goes away and they start to feature the logo more prominently.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

And I thought it would be nothing more than a re-colored version of their alternate. With that said, anything is possible now. We don't know whether it will be standard or vintage white. We don't know what striping they'll use, nor what will be the crest.

I totally disagree with the bold. After adopting a great logo (somewhat redeeming themselves for the worst name in big-time sports), they continue to hide their logo every time they make a change. First the shrink it into a circle and then they remove it from the green third (and barely use red). Every move they have made has been a step in the wrong direction, in my opinion. Of course, I disagree with your take on the script logo. I don't like it at all. Isn't that why we all hate the Ducks uniforms?

I am actually hoping they'll do the roundel in this. At least then it won't be even more abandonment of the logo; and we can hope that one day the roundel trend goes away and they start to feature the logo more prominently.

I don't / didn't hate the Ducks jerseys; script, if done well, can be sharp, and I think the Wild (don't mind the name either) fall into that category. It's not overdone -- yet -- in the NHL, and it seems to tie into the hockey heritage that has been created in those parts, so I'm all for it. Forest green and wheat is a nice combo by itself, and the splash of red ties it all together. I'm a big fan. I'm not sure how you look at those jerseys and cringe. It's nice, traditional striping, a different color combo, and has significance to the people of Minnesota from what I understand (similar to how the Buffalo - Pepsi jersey had to people in that region).

Even if they had (properly -- i agree with you) just kept things status quo from their unveiling, these would be a great third jersey to complement the two wolf heads on the home and away. It's a nice change of pace. It's what a third jersey is supposed to accomplish in my book: Add to your image by providing something different for your fan base to purchase and cherish while not soiling the look you've built.

On the bright side, at least it's not this:

Sd6sScs.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

I don't / didn't hate the Ducks jerseys; script, if done well, can be sharp, and I think the Wild (don't mind the name either) fall into that category. It's not overdone -- yet -- in the NHL, and it seems to tie into the hockey heritage that has been created in those parts, so I'm all for it. Forest green and wheat is a nice combo by itself, and the splash of red ties it all together. I'm a big fan. I'm not sure how you look at those jerseys and cringe. It's nice, traditional striping, a different color combo, and has significance to the people of Minnesota from what I understand (similar to how the Buffalo - Pepsi jersey had to people in that region).

Even if they had (properly -- i agree with you) just kept things status quo from their unveiling, these would be a great third jersey to complement the two wolf heads on the home and away. It's a nice change of pace. It's what a third jersey is supposed to accomplish in my book: Add to your image by providing something different for your fan base to purchase and cherish while not soiling the look you've built.

In a vacuum, I don't hate the green wild jersey. I agree that the forest green and wheat looks nice. My issue is that it does not look like the rest of the team's identity. To me the Wild are Red/Green/etc. and that logo. Ideally, if teams are going to have 3rd jerseys, I'd like them to have most of the elements of the primary. For the Wild that means more red and the logo, even if it happens to be on the shoulders. I want it to look like the same team every time they take the ice.

POTD (Shared)

0826-min-web.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERS

anyone wondering if the team is giving us a hint or two just in this graphic?

Conceivably, white-hot eliminates any worry about cream-colored uni (I'd be a proponent but whatever...)

The crossed sticks...what is that? Is that part of their usual imagery? I hope that's not the logo.

Why show us the forest ... again? Maybe they're going to drop the animal head and set us up with a winter scene out of a forest ;) That would be different ;) ;)

Archived