2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

So the Oil replaced Khabibulin with LOLBarbera? God, how are either of those guys still finding work? Can't you find some UDFA out of college who can wear mattresses and do things like not drive drunk, not be old with a bad back, or not be Jason LaBarbera?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the Oil replaced Khabibulin with LOLBarbera? God, how are either of those guys still finding work? Can't you find some UDFA out of college who can wear mattresses and do things like not drive drunk, not be old with a bad back, or not be Jason LaBarbera?

Somebody is in a pissy mode today.... Jebus

I'd say that a .913 SV% and a 2.62 GAA over the past two years playing behind Edmonton's porous D shows that Khabibulin is still good enough to find work.

-BigBubba

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Is that little gold thing beside the script a star? Like the one used on their roundel?

Wild-Logo.gif

Odd how they would use the star there, since it's never been used in any major capacity by the team. Of course, the implication is there, having a gold star on green with "Miinnesota" next to it.

Odd how they would use the star there, since it's never been used in any major capacity by the team. Of course, the implication is there, having a gold star on green with "Miinnesota" next to it.

Never used in any major capacity by the team? The star is the "eye' in the logo

Never used in any major capacity by the team? The star is the "eye' in the logo

As I was saying...

-BigBubba

That does not tell us anything (at least not those of us that don't care about the inside-collar message). Either a way to keep us interested one extra day or to advertise Reebok.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I could live with that. It's not as impressive as the present away, but it's fine...

Any chance they would then try to match or mimic the striping by changing the home sweater? (I'm guessing, like LA, they would keep it as a mismatching set)

I could live with that. It's not as impressive as the present away, but it's fine...

Any chance they would then try to match or mimic the striping by changing the home sweater? (I'm guessing, like LA, they would keep it as a mismatching set)

It's the wild, what a silly question.

A quick and dirty version of what i think the Wild will go with... Minus the laces of course. I didn't really know what to do with the red but since its on the collar i figured they added it somewhere...

wildmc_zps0b3d958e.png

Mikko-Koivu-Minnesota-Wild-Youth-Home-Au

I guess we have to prepare ourselves for the possibility of again losing the bottom striping...

If ever there was a picture that summed up how RBK just RUINED two great designs, it's this one I found purely by accident:

159748249_slide.jpg

I'm not sure if that's a ripoff jersey that the woman is wearing, but look at the difference...oh well.

It's the wild, what a silly question.

g'point !

On 8/28/2013 at 1:12 PM, njdevs7 said:

That woman is wearing is the pre-edge version of that jersey. The Wild used to wear it as an alternate. When RBK took over, they added phantom yolk and lost the hem stripes in the process. The original version was a lot better.

I actually like the current version better. The hem stripe above was not great anyway and I know phantom piping is not beloved here, but I think it gives the green on the sleeves a far better placement. The original version just sort of "plopped" the green on there and it looked a little clunky to me.

That said, they easily could have kept the hem stripe on the new version, but the sleeves are such an upgrade that I definitely prefer the newer version.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

That woman is wearing is the pre-edge version of that jersey. The Wild used to wear it as an alternate. When RBK took over, they added phantom yolk and lost the hem stripes in the process. The original version was a lot better.

gaborikred.jpg

Right, right. That's what I'm saying. I just wasn't sure if her jersey was a knock-off or the true replica of what you see Gaby wearing above.

Archived