2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

Yeah, if you go through the slideshow, you can see it's a different color from the beige.

Oh well, it could be worse, I guess. Not a fan of the red numbers and bright white. I was kind of hoping they'd have the Minnesota script.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some high-res pics:

8ZmcppU.jpg

TH72huT.jpg

x0K4FTj.jpg

aXntLV3.jpg

7zehtLj.jpg

Fn6q3JL.jpg

I really, really like these. Now they just have to get rid of/fix their red home sweater.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Well, other than the square yokes and the shoulder patch being too big, these look pretty spiffy. A red stripe around the pant leg cuffs would help complete the look, too. But overall very classy, and my favorite new sweater for 2013-14.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

Looking good, Minny. Just happy that they actually put the full logo on the front. I kinda miss their original set but every new jersey has been really good. Not every team can say that.

I think this short statement sums up Minn quite well. Their original look clearly was on the mark. Many wish that it would have stayed status quo. Their current look is a little incongruent, but man, their away and third jerseys are class. I would totally buy both ! I might even like this more than the previous away (which I know is sacrilegious; it was favorite road sweater in the league maybe next to San Jose/NYR/Flyers/Kings.

Tell ya what -- they make the playoffs, and if they rock the script and the bear head on the road, that's a tough jersey tandem to beat. They will look awesome in either place. Counting down the days/months/seasons until we hear that the Red sweater is being discounted heavily. You know what to do, Minny!

It would be perfect with a rounded yoke.

But, maybe, that's a connection to Dallas. The two are like brother franchises...and certainly fight like brothers.

Seriously though, how many people have made almost that exact concept? That's the jersey we've dreamt about, and they made it happen. Beautiful.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Also it's probably the lighting (and it's been mentioned in here before) but I hope sincerely that they start phasing out the yellow and make it some sort of faded sublimated goldish-yellow-whatever. It looks good when it's alone on the crest but otherwise has no place. Let the red stand out among the green.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Hey folks:

Was going through the Wild message board and saw this:

Better yet, have a surprise new home uniform released at the same time that will actually match the away unis! blink.png I miss the days when our home and away jerseys actually matched!

They can't. You can only change a home or away once every four years. I'm guessing they primarily wear the greens at home this year. When Russo keeps tweeting that the reds remain home it's because they have to be. Makes zero sense that green is the dominant (besides required white) color on our aways and then we keep the reds home.

Is this true? Are we stuck with the red sweater until 2017?

Is this why the Kings haven't made their home match their away in striping?

But, maybe, that's a connection to Dallas. The two are like brother franchises...and certainly fight like brothers.

perfectly stated.

It might just be that RBK is promoting the square-r yokes because they're pushing a new design or "product." Carolina's was square, too...

I'm assuming a team can still go with the rounded yoke and RBK hasn't removed it from its bag of tricks...

I happen to like the square yoke, and the fact that Dallas and Minn both share green yokes (different shades of course) is a nice little tie-in. I think both teams look great, and their jersey match-up will be quite sharp. Both aways are kick-ass.

Seriously though, how many people have made almost that exact concept? That's the jersey we've dreamt about, and they made it happen. Beautiful.

I think Dallas's yoke is a bit larger actually. It starts moving down the shoulder. This, I believe, looks more like Carolina's

Is this true? Are we stuck with the red sweater until 2017?

You can only change a home or away once every four years.

Key word being "or". Just because they've changed one jersey doesn't mean they can't do anything with the other. Typically, teams will come out with both a new home and away uniform, in which case they'll be stuck with both of them for four or five years. Then you get teams like Buffalo and Edmonton, who get a popular third jersey that is later promoted to home, and soon enough the team gets a new white jersey to match.

It's been more than five years since the Wild got a new home uniform, so there's no reason they can't just make a new one if they wanted. Although there's a change that they'll choose not to for now because the current third green jersey would likely get the chop in the process.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Archived