New Dolphins Uniforms

Jt0323

This reminds me of that Snickers commercial several yeas ago.

Reminds me of when Kirby Freeman had to change his UMiami logo after transferring to Baylor:

104230.jpg

I'm so confused. Why would he change it to an Oregon logo then??

As for the phins, the up close look at the helmet looks nice. The helmet is pretty sharp. Still can't stand how dull the uniform is tho. As many have stated, it really does need more orange.

90758391980.gif

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hopefully Nike can get them some cleats that match better. Their shoes look almost red in this pic and the orange trim in the rest of the uniform looks like that sickly Tennessee orange:

That's because it IS that "sickly" Tennessee Orange.

My files show White cuffs.

I'm not sure where canzman gets his graphics (canzman - you're a licensee, correct?) - certainly they're official (I can vouch), but the stuff I receive don't have shoe graphics in them...and, I've noticed some slight discrepancies amongst some of the things he's posted. Weird though.

I was in a hurry when I did these and made a slight error. Everyone is correct the cuffs of the white jersey are white as well. Thanks for catching this. I have corrected the graphic.

hopefully Nike can get them some cleats that match better. Their shoes look almost red in this pic and the orange trim in the rest of the uniform looks like that sickly Tennessee orange:

That's because it IS that "sickly" Tennessee Orange.

Which is fine, but make the orange on the cleats match a little better then.

There is a navy on the socks in the picture of the white jersey. Do they have to pairs of socks or did the player add this himself. It does solve the problem of having pants and socks of the same color.

See my post above. They designs the socks to have navy at the top. They did that because most players don't wear the socks correctly (if at all). Some players will wear solid aqua socks pulled over navy tights, and others will wear aqua tights with navy socks just covering their knees. Hell, others will just wear solid aqua or solid white, because it's the NFL and YOLO, or something.

I believe they actually did it for when the team wears aqua pants, to minimize the leotard effect.

Correct, but they did this instead of the conventional method of having striped white socks for the reason I mentioned.

Perhaps to some extent, but if that were the only reason why would they bother to have 2 different pairs?

Have all the teams' graphics for the 2013 changed to this new jersey cut? It does seem more accurate (if ugly) than those in the past. Even last year, it seemed only those who were modified by Nike (Seattle and San Francisco, for example) started using this new template with the shorter/non-existent sleeves, while others were using older graphics with slightly longer/more visible sleeves

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Have all the teams' graphics for the 2013 changed to this new jersey cut? It does seem more accurate (if ugly) than those in the past. Even last year, it seemed only those who were modified by Nike (Seattle and San Francisco, for example) started using this new template with the shorter/non-existent sleeves, while others were using older graphics with slightly longer/more visible sleeves

Yep. All save the Bucs for some reason. I'm thinking that it might be just a mistake and not some sort of agenda.

I'm surprised that they still use the older style Riddell helmet graphic, considering every new rollout (college and pro) uses the new Revolution style.

I'm surprised that they still use the older style Riddell helmet graphic, considering every new rollout (college and pro) uses the new Revolution style.

I wonder if that's some sort of trademark thing...the distinctive helmet shapes belong to specific manufacturers...using the older style generic helmet gets them out of any kind of infringement.

I wonder if that's some sort of trademark thing...the distinctive helmet shapes belong to specific manufacturers...using the older style generic helmet gets them out of any kind of infringement.

Interesting. I suppose it was the same way with the old 2-bar Dungard helmet too. But I always thought the current helmet graphic was based on a Riddell. At least, the combination of the shell and facemask says "Riddell" to me.

Maybe, but doesn't the league have some sort of deal with Riddell anyways?

From what I've seen, Riddell is the only brand allowed to advertise on the bumpers. Not really an issue much anymore, since team names go on the front and back, but I don't remember seeing players wearing Schutt or Xenith having those brand logos visible.

From what I've seen, Riddell is the only brand allowed to advertise on the bumpers. Not really an issue much anymore, since team names go on the front and back, but I don't remember seeing players wearing Schutt or Xenith having those brand logos visible.

While they might not have the permission to brand their helmets by name or logo, they definitely are by the unique and identifiable helmet models they've introduced. Similar to Nike sticking the Flywire on the collar- it's such a clear brand indicator, even if you were to take the swooshes off the sleeves.

While they might not have the permission to brand their helmets by name or logo, they definitely are by the unique and identifiable helmet models they've introduced. Similar to Nike sticking the Flywire on the collar- it's such a clear brand indicator, even if you were to take the swooshes off the sleeves.

True, but my point is since the NFL has a deal with Russell it shouldn't be a problem to use an outline of their helmet for this purpose.

That has been correct in the past but I thought their contract ended...maybe it hasn't though. I had also read that the league was considering not taking on an official helmet sponsor in the furure due to the fact that they did not want to be implicated with the endorsement of any helmet manufacturer should legal troubles around head injuries arise.

Yep. All save the Bucs for some reason. I'm thinking that it might be just a mistake and not some sort of agenda.

Are you able to confirm that the Ravens have ditched the toilet seat?

Archived