New Dolphins Uniforms

Jt0323

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

temp167508677--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

I agree with Gothamite (as painful as that is :) ) in regards to the order of the color stripes surrounding the number fonts on the teal jersey. It would work so much better if the orange stripe was the innermost stripe. I know its a small detail that most people might not even notice or care about, but when you have a uniform with a more minimilist look all of the small details become much larger.

ae32a166-f6f3-4386-8d16-bcc939e98aa7_zps89a6b3e8.jpg

I think the thickness of the orange simply needs to double and take the place of the dark blue altogether.

dophins2013.jpg

I think the thickness of the orange simply needs to double and take the place of the dark blue altogether.

dophins2013.jpg

WOW! That minor trim adjustment alone pushes this set up from being terrible to really good.

All it needs is an updated version of the 97-12 logo, and this whole set is a near-perfect 10.

They finally look like the Dolphins again as far as I'm concerned. It really irritated me how the previous sets colors were completely dull and dark. I swear it wasn't always like that.

Bright colors is what a Florida team should be about, even the Marlins understood that after several season of their black mess.

bSLCtu2.png

dophins2013.jpg

Oh man, this looks amazing. I was really happy with the jerseys until I saw this, I think this would be a marked improvement.

Would be great if they went with this but sadly this will take away from the orange Nike Logo from sticking out & the buttmark on the back

As a Bills fan raised in Buffalo, I've got to admit that I'm bummed to see the Dolphins change their typeface! The thin line between modernizing and whitewashing has been crossed in my opinion!

The uniform edit with the thick orange looks amazing, by the way... the double stripe they're actually using is a prime example of how clunky the whole "modern meets retro" look can be.

Why are people giving Marino crap for putting on a bit of weight? Most of you will be LUCKY to look that good when you're in your fifties.

Hell, I'm 31, and there are people from my high school class that I can barely recognize because they've put on so much weight.

Yes, Marino looks good for a man in his 50's, but at some point, a guy's gotta have the self-awareness to realize that he no longer has any business wearing football pants.

I don't think that's the word you're looking for.

"Whitewash" means a cover-up or false presentation, from the cheap white paint of the same name. It denotes some sort of deception, which I don't see here.

There may not be a whitewash, but the whole package is definitely a deception.

Look at your post. The sharp joint is crucial in the depiction of the number 5 in English. The numerals 0, 2, 3, 6, 8, & 9 are all curved, and 1, 4, & 7 don't have a 90 degree joint in the upper left corner (they either end or avoid it by running on an angle).

I didn't design the type (personally, I think intentional asymmetric stylings are dumb), but my guess is that if they rounded that joint, it would look more like backwards 2 than a 5. Similar to the way no one flips a P around and calls it a 4.

I suppose that's mostly true, but I feel like that wouldn't matter for a few reasons. First, the "5" in most fonts isn't really 90 degrees, although granted it's a lot closer to 90 than a "4". Second, if the radius is small enough, no one will really notice the difference (apart from us :lol: ). Third, the inside corner is still a 90 anyway, so it's not going to be all that confusing due to the thickness of the letter.

Does anyone have a picture of all the numbers in the font?

p15562331dt.jpg

I also hate how the name font style doesn't have the orange outline. So many teams do that! I'm guessing because it gets hard to read with so many colors that small?

The "6" and the "8" in that jersey look like they're from two completely different font sets. Why is the "8" rounded on the bottom while the "6" isn't? Also, why is the "6" rounded in the top left corner, but not in the top right corner?

Look at your post. The sharp joint is crucial in the depiction of the number 5 in English. The numerals 0, 2, 3, 6, 8, & 9 are all curved, and 1, 4, & 7 don't have a 90 degree joint in the upper left corner (they either end or avoid it by running on an angle).

I didn't design the type (personally, I think intentional asymmetric stylings are dumb), but my guess is that if they rounded that joint, it would look more like backwards 2 than a 5. Similar to the way no one flips a P around and calls it a 4.

I suppose that's mostly true, but I feel like that wouldn't matter for a few reasons. First, the "5" in most fonts isn't really 90 degrees, although granted it's a lot closer to 90 than a "4". Second, if the radius is small enough, no one will really notice the difference (apart from us :lol: ). Third, the inside corner is still a 90 anyway, so it's not going to be all that confusing due to the thickness of the letter.

Does anyone have a picture of all the numbers in the font?

p15562331dt.jpg

I also hate how the name font style doesn't have the orange outline. So many teams do that! I'm guessing because it gets hard to read with so many colors that small?

The "6" and the "8" in that jersey look like they're from two completely different font sets. Why is the "8" rounded on the bottom while the "6" isn't? Also, why is the "6" rounded in the top left corner, but not in the top right corner?

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/article-1/Marino-New-Logo-Is-About-Tradition/833326b3-201f-4a3d-b0f0-533f362082eb

updating the lettering from a script design to a custom design type style with curved edges inspired by the fins of an actual dolphin.

Archived